Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 2014 Boxster S with Sport Suspension. Love, love, love the car, but the 20mm lowering of the sport suspension is going to drive me nuts!
Car not being tracked, and I'm quickly finding that the the car is just too low for daily driving in the SF Bay Area. Has anyone gotten the pasm springs to lower the car only 10mm? Or, are there any other solutions out there? Possibly get a used Standard suspension kit and add PASM springs lowering it only 10mm and keep the stronger sways bars. Thoughts anyone? Thank in advance!

·
Registered
710 Posts
245/35-20 and 275/35-20 tires will raise the car 4 mm. Not much but it is something. Making sure the tires are fully inflated. That is a couple mm. If you just put the larger tires on the front, it would angle the car up a little and raise the front a couple more mm. That could add up to make the difference. There are no shims or other inserts for the suspension that I am aware of. This could get you 6-8 mm up front.

Also the difference between new and worn out tires is about 5-6 mm (7-8/32). So a new set of fully inflated one size up tires will raise your car about 10 mm as compared to a worn out set of OEM tires.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Porsche does sell top mount spacers as shown in a Pistonheads thread authored by CMOOSE; 2006 Porsche 987 Caymans 3.4 Bore score edition, pg 15 - 20. The first couple of pg relate to the bore scoring issue, pg 15-20 relate to how to raise his lowered 987 by at least 10mm using Porsche 996 top mount spacers. This is possible, but expensive as someone will need to completely remove the shocks and springs on both ends of your car and add these very inexpensive spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.