Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,

After many years of enjoying being a Porsche fan and later an owner the time has come to do something for this great community, setting up a travel club for Porsche owners.

How did I come up to this? Well first I used to join different tours organised by Porsche Travel Club in Germany, did drive most of the Porsche models, I had a great opportunity to visit both Porsche factories in Stuttgart and Leipzig and now after experiencing all these I’m really keen to share my experience with other Porsche owners.

Since January this year I’ve been in talks with Porsche AG in Germany and express my intention about this project, setting up a travel club for Porsche owners, where owners drive their cars and I’m organising the entire tour, including routes planning, restaurants and hotel reservations and related events along the way. Porsche welcomes the idea, however will have to run this pilot-project independent for now. There are no joining fees or annual memberships we just pay for the each trip independently.

Is my pleasure to introduce to you Sport+ Travel Club, an independent travel club open to all Porsche owners who share a passion for travel, sports and driving experiences.

A brief description about the club:

sportplus-logo-dark copy.jpg

Inspired by Porsche and Top Gear road trips, the Club's tailor-made tours promise a journey full of excitement, joy and adrenaline.

Sport+ Travel Club has teamed up with different sports event organisers to offer live sports events including but not limited to automotive-related ones, fine dining at Michelin-starred restaurants, and luxury accommodation at five star hotels and historic castles. Participants are given a great road trip experience, driving together in convoy style.

The Travel Club will kick off with the Tour of Southern England, driving alongside the jurassic coast of southern England and heading to the Sandbanks Peninsula for the British Beach Polo Championships this summer. New other tours across United Kingdom and Europe will be announced shortly.

Sport+ Travel Club

sportplus-tourmap.jpg

Details of Sport+Travel Club's latest tours can be found at: Sport+ Travel Club

This is the first confirmed tour for now but there are other serval tours coming soon. Just working with different partners to make this possible. Once everything is confirm will update the tours section. But as a sneak preview will aim to organise the following tours:

- Tour of Wales,
- Tour of Scottish Highlands
- Goodwood - Festival of Speed / Revival (Hospitality package)

- Sport+ to Monte Carlo*
(European Tour: including Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France)

Have to thank K-Man S for allowing me to post this and helping with some advices too. As this travel club is for all the Porsche owners out there I'll be happy to listen to your suggestions, ideas and other comments that you may have, so please do so if you want to get in touch either here or email me.

Welcome to club!

Sport+ Travel Club

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's too far for me but I'll happily join your highlands tour. Hell, I could probably help with route planning too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's too far for me but I'll happily join your highlands tour. Hell, I could probably help with route planning too!

Hi RK6,

Actually I've done a private Tour of Scotland last summer in July with couple of friends, that was really awesome, will have to share some pictures later. Been all over Scotland, so I've learnt so much about your beautiful country. Best road in my opinion A87, towards Applecross, and everybody was so friendly with us, can't even think about a bad thing about that trip. And the plus of the tour I must say were several visits that we've done to different whisky distilleries in the area. One of the reason we love Scotland so much :)

Hope you'll join us this summer.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Hi and well done on setting up the venture. I live in the South East and have visited the places on the tour many times and I'm sure it will be fun. I've done a few driving tours in my time, formal and informal, and my preference is more for the actual driving than the Michelin starred restaurants and high class events so the tour format is probably not what I personally would be looking for. But best of luck with the endeavour and I'm sure there are Porsche and maybe other luxury marque owners out there who will appreciate the offering. BTW have you tried advertising with PCGB or TIPEC?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and well done on setting up the venture. I live in the South East and have visited the places on the tour many times and I'm sure it will be fun. I've done a few driving tours in my time, formal and informal, and my preference is more for the actual driving than the Michelin starred restaurants and high class events so the tour format is probably not what I personally would be looking for. But best of luck with the endeavour and I'm sure there are Porsche and maybe other luxury marque owners out there who will appreciate the offering. BTW have you tried advertising with PCGB or TIPEC?
Hi Speedgirl!

Many thanks for your support. You're right it's all about the driving! Another stuff about Michelin starred restaurants and 5* hotels are just an addition to the trip, which probably makes the entire price of the trip itself. However as you'll see, all the time I'm planning these tours around different sport events, like in this tour we'll be joining the final of the British Beach Polo Championships, so it's worth going to this event in order to meet new interesting people make some connections, to be fair that's the reason I enjoy doing this.

Thanks for suggesting PCGB and TIPEC, will try to get in touch with them too. For now as I've explained to K-Man S, it's not a big business just trying to build the idea of the club, will have to share the price of the trip with you guys too, and I'm happy to do that for start, later might be little bit different.

Maybe will try to organise a planet-9 meet-up soon in London or nearby, what do you think about that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts