Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport wheel paddles on pdk 981 CS

Hello every one,
has anybody info on why or if the up-shift paddle on the PDK sport steering wheek klicks before the electronically up-shifting??
Not occured on downshifting lever/paddle, which moves freely ( no small resistance I mean)
It seems like the resistance you feel while you pull or push the power windows switch to FULLY lift or lower the windows.
thanks.
I need to say that I have no problem on up or down shifting the gears.
Christ

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
It is a switch. Sometimes the activation can be harder than a switch of the same manufacturing batch - yet still be in the tolerance band (force needed). But you should not be able to hear a click prior to the electronic shift. It should be instantaneous, at the same time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a switch. Sometimes the activation can be harder than a switch of the same manufacturing batch - yet still be in the tolerance band (force needed). But you should not be able to hear a click prior to the electronic shift. It should be instantaneous, at the same time.
Hi and thanx for replying
Its not actually a click, its like a resistance like the power windows switch when you press them to have all the way up or down the window glass.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After several drives, in all the different modes, I:
1. don't hear any audible clicks on upshift/downshift
2. feel a consistent resistance to the paddle pulls (no type of resistance change like the dual-mode window button you describe)

This is on 2014 CS w/PDK and Sport Chrono via Sport Steering Wheel.

Can't re-produce it, sorry. Wow, sound like a dealer at service time! LOL!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After several drives, in all the different modes, I:
1. don't hear any audible clicks on upshift/downshift
2. feel a consistent resistance to the paddle pulls (no type of resistance change like the dual-mode window button you describe)

This is on 2014 CS w/PDK and Sport Chrono via Sport Steering Wheel.

Can't re-produce it, sorry. Wow, sound like a dealer at service time! LOL!
thanx for your reply
i agree on the not audible clicks
ans yes i feel a resistance pulling but not all the way , in the middle of pulling i feel the resistance and then ...thats its next gear in in

p.s. may i ask you if your navigation 3D shows ALWAYS 3D buildings, terrains, POI or only on map data from countries that have up dated Porsche/Navigon ?
thanx again, Christ

·
Registered
55 Posts
p.s. may i ask you if your navigation 3D shows ALWAYS 3D buildings, terrains, POI or only on map data from countries that have up dated Porsche/Navigon ?
thanx again, Christ
Definitely doesn't always show 3D! Wondering about that myself.

In downtown/Wilshire/B.Hills areas of Los Angeles I can see the 3D no problem. Here where there are still 10 story buildings: nothing. At least yet....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Re: Sport wheel paddles on pdk 981 CS

I have buttons, and sometimes a button upshift has a slight lag. Maybe when cold...

Reactions: CHRIST
1 - 8 of 8 Posts