Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting some feed back on the sports chassis I've opted for on my GTS.

Has anyone got this on theirs?? And is there anything different with the button options, like sports and sports plus buttons??

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Read through this to see what people think of the suspension: http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-boxster-modifications/102461-x-73-experience.html

As for the buttons... by default the GTS has PASM so the buttons make changes to the damper settings between normal and sport mode. With the sports chassis, you're doing away with all that and going with the passive X73 setup so the buttons will no longer affect it. Of course, they'll still stiffen up the dynamic transmission mounts and change throttle sensitivity and do all the other magic they're supposed to. They just won't change the damper settings anymore.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Off topic. I never quite understood why it's called x73 when it's just the suspension bits?

i mean, doesn't chassis mean the frame of the car? It's almost like having people saying "I'm going to the toilet to wash my hands" when it's actually the washroom that they are referring to.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have a 2014 CS and it had stock suspension.Bout 2 months ago I had the dealer install the sport suspension(x73).I would never get another Boxster/Cayman without it.I have had other cars with PASM and just prefer the SS more. It is not too harsh at all and yes it is lower and you will just need to be a little careful going over speed bumps and driveways..

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Off topic. I never quite understood why it's called x73 when it's just the suspension bits?

i mean, doesn't chassis mean the frame of the car? It's almost like having people saying "I'm going to the toilet to wash my hands" when it's actually the washroom that they are referring to.
I don't understand what you don't understand. :) It's called X73 because that's the option code for it when you order it. As for it being called "Sport Chassis", that's just marketing speak for people they're selling it to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't understand what you don't understand. :) It's called X73 because that's the option code for it when you order it. As for it being called "Sport Chassis", that's just marketing speak for people they're selling it to.
I think chassis is appropriate terminology since in addition to stiffer and lower springs and struts (suspension), X73 also provides stiffer front and rear sway bars, which are not suspension but chassis components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts