Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Boxster S. Is there a way to have the Sports Chrono light come on with the dash lights?

I know it lights up when activated but it looks so good I wondered if it could be lit without running as well?

:thanks:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
The only way I know of is to start it, then stop it immediately. Leave it "active" but paused. If anyone knows of a better way, I'd like to know, also.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Dealer has to do it with PIWIS.

Sports Chronometer Remains lit in standby:

CU = Chronometer
Coding => Illumination => There are two options and it should be obvious to which needs setting.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,875 Posts
I had my dealer switch this setting so the chrono gauge lit up at night,along with the dashboard gauges. I found the chrono gauge's reflection off the windshield at night was distracting. On my next visit to the dealership, I had it returned to stock. YMMV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback...

I ask my local Porsche dealer when I took in for service. They said couldn't do it. I hoped there might be some way which is why I posted.

Sounds like I need to try another dealer.

As far as the light being distracting I simply move it to center to cut reflection and still gain the visual benefit of being lit.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm sure bretster is right... Mine always comes on with the dash!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your opinions and advice. :banana:

I went to a different dealer and they set it up with PIWIS. Now my sports chrono light works like all the other instruments in the dash.

Looks good at night!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks everyone for your opinions and advice. :banana:

I went to a different dealer and they set it up with PIWIS. Now my sports chrono light works like all the other instruments in the dash.

Looks good at night!
Which dealer was able to do this for you? Does the sport chrono light dim with the rest of the dash lights?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer I took my car to was Bert Smith Porsche, St Pete. Good guys! They knew exactly what I wanted...it took minutes.

And yes the sports chrono light responds the same as all other instruments in the car.

When I unlock the car all digital numbers light including sports chrono, when I turn on lights the bezels all light up. Dimmer effects the sports chrono as well.

IMHO...as it should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts