Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a Caman and I was wondering if sports chrono made that much of a difference on the 2007-2008 cars. It seems hard to find them in manual with low miles.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you plan to track your Cayman, then yes it makes a difference. If you don't plan to track it, then it's not worth purchasing.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Gotcha. I kinda figured it wasn't that big of a difference.
I was on the fence when ordering my CS whether I should add it or not. Decided to go for it at the last minute. When I first got my car I rarely used it as the car was already a handful. After a few months of ownership and getting to know the car a bit better I decided to try driving with sport mode always on. What a difference. Since then I have never driven my car without it on. It's just more lively and responsive. If I forget to turn it on the car just feels lethargic and tired. I would suggest trying to find a car with it, if you can, especially if you like to drive aggressively on occasion. That being said, what you don't know you won't miss.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was on the fence when ordering my CS whether I should add it or not. Decided to go for it at the last minute. When I first got my car I rarely used it as the car was already a handful. After a few months of ownership and getting to know the car a bit better I decided to try driving with sport mode always on. What a difference. Since then I have never driven my car without it on. It's just more lively and responsive. If I forget to turn it on the car just feels lethargic and tired. I would suggest trying to find a car with it, if you can, especially if you like to drive aggressively on occasion. That being said, what you don't know you won't miss.
Well said. I can provably equate this to my Audi in dynamic mode as you describe it here. It makes sense now with how you described it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Sport Chrono gives you 20% faster response. Driving on the street with it on makes it difficult to be smooth on take-offs. It's like a race car where lurch forward because you're giving too much gas on take-off. Once you're moving you're OK. On the track, it's night & day having the faster throttle response. Can't tell you about using it in a spirited drive on the street, as I do all my spirited driving on the track.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Love my Sport Chrono. Simply cannot drive the car without it on. Feels broken...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.