Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a left over new 2009 Cayman S. I am not sure which seats I have. My option list says Power Seat Package, Heated Front Seats and Seat Ventilation. There are what appear to be spots on the black seats like something was dripped on them. The perforations in the seats are off white or beige, and the places on the seats where the color in the perforations is gone is causing what looks like drip marks. Any body else experience anything like this? I have not attempted to clean the seats yet, but like I stated aboved the problem is in the lack of color in the perforations. Is there some product I can use that will restore the color to the perforations? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Do you have any pics? That might help with determining if anything can be done.

-Moto

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I agree that it looks like someone got something on there that stained or wet the edges of the perforations, so they no longer appear white like the rest of the seat.

I don't know if there is any product or way to restore the "white shadow" to the holes in the stain areas. I suppose you could try to use some sort of leather conditioner on the whole seat, to see if it will stain all the perforations uniformly i.e. match the rest of the perforations to the stain area (I would test it first on a very inconspicuous place first though).

·
Registered
532 Posts
You should be able to clean it out. I would first try a good leather cleaner, like Lexol & then try a dry cleaning solvent.
Unless a dye of some sort was spilled on it, you should be able to clean it. It may just be a beverage that was dumped & never cleaned properly. Any sticky residue will attract dirt & grime. Whatever you try, first try it on an inconspicuous area. When using a cleaner, a fingernail brush works great. Use a white towel to check for soil transfer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up cleaning the seats with Zymol leather cleaner and then followed up with their cream. I had to soak the seats pretty well with the cleaner making sure each and every perforation was coated in cleaner. The perforations that I missed still looked beige. Still have a few spots to take care of but I used the whole bottle (almost full) to clean the seats. I have to buy more cleaner to get the spots I missed. It's really strange. I have got the seats looking pretty good right now, just not sure what caused the perforations to look beige. Maybe some sort of leather sealer that Porsche applied to the seats dried on to the perforations. My wife's ISF has black seats with blue perforations and they are still blue after you clean the seats. Oh well, thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Great! I'm glad it's working out for you. Kind of surprised about using a whole bottle but you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

-Moto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.