Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 981 Boxsters are still pretty rare, I tout it would be fun to have a local thread in case someone sees one. I will add the first entry!

Spotted at Cars and Coffee in Great Falls yesterday morning, in the side parking lot was a midnight blue with tan 981. Later that morning, it came up behind me on Georgetown Pike and zip around the corner to Old Dominion Drive. I heard a downshift and the exhaust sounded great! Anyone here?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out I took some photos of the car when it was at Katie's! It is a Boxster S, and when I zoomed in on the console, I could see it had the PSE. So that's why the exhaust sounded as it did. I still have not seen any other 981s...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Mike-

I live in Northern VA too. And just got my first Porsche. I have yet to see a 981 on the road though... I am sure it sounds superb. :)

A bit off topic but do a lot of Porsche owners get together in NoVA and if so. Where is the hot spot. I just looked up the Katie's coffee that you spoke of... wow. there are so many nice cars that go there. Feels very intimidating. haha.

Anywho, I will be on the look out for some 981s and let you know of my findings. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts