Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here plan on heading to the LVPCA event on Feb 27 & 28, 2010? I am heading down with 6 other guys for Edmonton to participate in the HPDE weekend. Looks like a great track, never been there before so quiet excited to be going. This is the first event of the year for me, have to get the GT3 out of hibernation and ready for the track. Mostly P-cars going down with us, 1-944 Turbo, 2-996 GT3's, 1-997 GT3 and a BMW M3. I’m looking forward to getting a break from our long winter.:drivingskid:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I just got my Cayman S, and was thinking about it. It is a fun track. I did their 3 day racing class (Corvettes) a couple of years ago. I also got a couple of laps in an Elise, and a ride along in a Radical. A friend of mine is taking his GT3 that day for sure. I'm debating if I want to run the new car that soon or not. Either way I will probably be there as a guest with him, even if I don't decide to run my Cayman.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm debating if I want to run the new car that soon or not. Either way I will probably be there as a guest with him, even if I don't decide to run my Cayman.
If have more than a 1000 miles on your Cayman you should be fine, I took my Boxster S to the track for a HPDE day with only 600 miles on it without any problems. Drop by and say hello if you come out to the event, we'll be in a large car hauler. Here's a pic of our transport rig.

View attachment 11728

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Lol 1000 miles? No problem. I might get that within a week of delivery.
Will be close to 2k when the event rolls around. Probably will see ya there.

At this rate I am gonna have 52k miles in a year...

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Hey Russ,.. Spring Mountain is my winter home track. I was there most of November and December and part of Jan. I should be back there for that PCA track day. Look like we will get to share a track sooner rather than later, after missing each other last year at Miller.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Russ,.. Spring Mountain is my winter home track. I was there most of November and December and part of Jan. I should be back there for that PCA track day. Look like we will get to share a track sooner rather than later, after missing each other last year at Miller.
Hello John, glad to hear you’re going to be at Spring Mountain. Sounds like you’re the one to follow and learn the line around the track. I'll be in the red group, hopefully not getting in the way of you track veterans’.

The guys driving our transport are actually stopping and Air Power Racing and picking up the 944 Turbo & 997 GT3 on route to Spring Mountain. I do hope to return to MMP in Sept if all go's well. Miller is the most spectacular track I've been too; I had a blast and meet some great people from all over the US.
:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts