Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got one recently. I like having the finer choices rather just red or green. I think I'm on green 3 right now. I'm going to find the setting Im happy with and then just remove the controller. I think it does help with rev matching and heel toe which is mostly why I got it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got one recently. I like having the finer choices rather just red or green. I think I'm on green 3 right now. I'm going to find the setting Im happy with and then just remove the controller. I think it does help with rev matching and heel toe which is mostly why I got it.
yeah def a good feature that theres more customizability but me being me, I'll never be happy with whatever setting I'm on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
so I'm trying to install my sprint booster and i'm having trouble getting the clip out, I unscrewed the accelerator pedal, anyone have some advice or a guide?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Sorry - it was 10 yrs ago. I do remember it was a bear to remove the stock one. I used a small flat-bladed screw driver. I also remember not knowing if I was supposed to push or pull the clip to get it to release. So try both. I hope someone else has fresher memories.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
so I'm trying to install my sprint booster and i'm having trouble getting the clip out, I unscrewed the accelerator pedal, anyone have some advice or a guide?
That plug is one of the Porsche mysteries that really isnt that hard once you figure it out, but I cant recall myself what the exact process is when I did it on my 2014 several years ago either. I recall it just let go once I squeezed on it the correct way and pulled on the plug. I seem to remember it's more of a telescoping down of the gray part of the plug tab into the upper black portion while you pull the lower half of the plug apart rather than squeezing the gray tab flat like it appears you should. I used channel lock pliers. Here is a post that might help

Here is a video of a Porsche plug style for another similar product that might give you a better idea of exactly how the plug works. Start at 9:30 in the video.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry - it was 10 yrs ago. I do remember it was a bear to remove the stock one. I used a small flat-bladed screw driver. I also remember not knowing if I was supposed to push or pull the clip to get it to release. So try both. I hope someone else has fresher memories.
thats exactly where i'm stuck at lol pull or push i'll update when i figure it out, guess i'll keep pushing the tab down until by magic i accidentally do it correctly, it worked for me when i was trying to get the steering wheel off lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's weird. It seems like pushing the grey tab in/down should release it but it doesn't. The center part of the grey tab on mine ended up just breaking off 🤦‍♂️. I ended up sticking a small flat head screwdriver in the opposite end and prying up slightly and it released. If you didn't already realize, after you take the screw out of the throttle assembly the whole thing can be lifted up and out. After installing there's a little plastic bit hanging down with a hole in it to the right of the pedal thats perfect to zip tie the cable to.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's weird. It seems like pushing the grey tab in/down should release it but it doesn't. The center part of the grey tab on mine ended up just breaking off 🤦‍♂️. I ended up sticking a small flat head screwdriver in the opposite end and prying up slightly and it released. If you didn't already realize, after you take the screw out of the throttle assembly the whole thing can be lifted up and out. After installing there's a little plastic bit hanging down with a hole in it to the right of the pedal thats perfect to zip tie the cable to.
hahaha I just got it installed I was coming back to complain about how i broke part of the grey tab to read your comment lol. I guess its just a shitty design but as soon as that part broke it popped right out when I pressed it down so not complaining. And yea for anyone in the future it is a press down to release.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
thats exactly where i'm stuck at lol pull or push i'll update when i figure it out, guess i'll keep pushing the tab down until by magic i accidentally do it correctly, it worked for me when i was trying to get the steering wheel off lol
See my post above. The more I think about it, the more I seem to recall that the entire gray portion also has to move downward like a slide latch to release it while pressing the tab. That tab looks like all you do is you press on it which will do nothing on its on until it slides downward at the same time

·
Registered
153 Posts
See my post above. The more I think about it, the more I seem to recall that the entire gray portion also has to move downward like a slide latch to release it while pressing the tab. That tab looks like all you do is you press on it which will do nothing on its on until it slides downward at the same time
yeah your right I didn't know I also had to press down on it I was only moving it downward and not pushing in.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yep, leave it Porsche to add a second simultaneous step. There is nothing simple that they cant over engineer;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I dont know how much I notice it when i'm driving because I have a heavy throttle foot to begin with, but it makes it so much easier to blip the throttle and heel and toe, its worth it just for that function.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
hahaha I just got it installed I was coming back to complain about how i broke part of the grey tab to read your comment lol. I guess its just a shitty design but as soon as that part broke it popped right out when I pressed it down so not complaining. And yea for anyone in the future it is a press down to release.
This happened to me too. Good thing its a snug fit. I was thinking I'd have to tape it down or something but not necessary.

·
Registered
153 Posts
From reading some of the older threads a lot of people were recommending the automatic version of the early sprint boosters even on manual cars, is that still the case? should i flip my booster to automatic even though I have a manual?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just installed the Pedal Commander. Makes a big difference! Car now feels as it should have from the factory.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts