Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for feedback on the Sprint Booster and other models. A few months back there was a competitor on the home page. I don't remember the name. Anyone installed both models, pros/cons? Any other feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Sprint Booster on my Cayman R PDK. It really makes an noticeable difference to drivability. It removes the extremely annoying e-throttle lag that drives me to mad, and this is despite me having the Sport Chrono Plus. I did a fair amount of research before buying and I believe the other brand you are referring to is call Pedalbox or something.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sprint Booster works great. Had mine for 6 years now and next to the sport shifter it is the best mod. A great feature is that it has 3 driver selectable settings; Off, +1, +2. It gets rid of the sluggish tip in and allows H/T down shifts to be a sure thing rather than a maybe thing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The competitor was Pedalbox which has way more settings...probably too many.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just ordered one I'll let you know how it goes.

When I first got my Cayman I LOVED it with PSM off, I could spin the tires on dry pavement, and taking long sweepers I could get it drifting by breaking the rear loose by hitting the gas... THEN I replaced my badly worn Michilen PS2s with brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWs and can't break the rear end loose to save my life, it really took the joy out of the car, I'm hoping the SprintBooster will get the tires to break loose again.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the sprintbooster on my 09CS MT.
It changes the driving experience substantially for the better.
Only a 3D ecu re-map would be superior.
The sprintbooster is a 2D solution which disregards other inputs such as gear, speed, etc ..

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know how much a Sprint booster costs but, as Rlazer3 suggested, you may want to consider tuning options that do a better job of incorporating throttle mapping changes as well as offering actual power/drivability enhancements. For $599 you can get the whole tamale (tune, throttle mapping, datalogging, data displays, map storage, user adjustability, etc,). I'm biased towards this approach of course :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installation in the ash tray looks great! Can you provide details of routing the wire and connector from the ash tray to the pedal? I just received my sprint booster yesterday, and will be installing this weekend. 2007 Cayman (not S, no sport chrono, but with PASM).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually it was really easy. I drilled the hole in passenger side of the ashtray and of course pushed the wire thru it. Select the spot for the hole carefully since the wire can foul the lid opening. Then I installed a rubber grommet in the hole to protect the wire. Pushed the wire down so it cleared the console and it stuck out at the bottom. I then tucked the wire up in the console till I got to the front. I removed the small panel with the charge socket attached to it and continued to tuck/pull the wire up and then over the hump, behind the radio and then connected it to the Sprint Booster. Be sure to Search this Forum for removal and installation of the unit. There is a trick to removing the Data Plug from the Accelerator Pedal Connection. Fairly straight forward. Like I said in my earlier post, I usually leave it in the Green level. You do not need the remote to leave it in one setting, but I just like the option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My opinion is WOW! I love this thing. I did the ash tray install shown by SpecialCay, and love the way it came out. More than that, I love the acceleration in Red mode. I think 90% of my time will be spent with that setting. It feels like I just swapped the 2.7 for a 3.4. I realize there is not actual horsepower difference but the increase in responsiveness is amazing.

One note about the actual separation of the connection behind the gas pedal is that I needed to use a jeweler's screw driver and was able to get the pin to disconnect only when I ran it through the VERY small rectangular hole at the top of the harness side of the connector. I could not get it to release any other way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks. Did u install or went to a shop to have it istalled? Can u post some photo of the istallation? it is my next mod

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is a write up or 2 in the articles. It's pretty much plug and play. The hardest part is getting the throttle connector unclipped.

Thanks. Did u install or went to a shop to have it istalled? Can u post some photo of the istallation? it is my next mod

·
Banned
92 Posts
I'm looking for feedback on the Sprint Booster and other models. A few months back there was a competitor on the home page. I don't remember the name. Anyone installed both models, pros/cons? Any other feedback appreciated.

Could you possibly be thinking of the D1 Spec?

Auto Performance Accessory Manufacturer in Taiwan - D1 Spec

Its funny this topic came up, I was actually looking at the Sprint Booster for my Wife's car as well and researching it on other forums.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is a write up or 2 in the articles. It's pretty much plug and play. The hardest part is getting the throttle connector unclipped.
I was asking about photos e more info about routing the cable inside the ash tray and the all (that need to be drilled)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts