Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Sprintbooster for sale

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Capercat 
#1 ·
Any Aussies who would like a brand new sprintbooster for half price?

I haven't even opened it, I'm happy with just the Softronic tune. It's the mild Auto version.

#2 ·
Hi Capercat,

Sorry I'm not after sprint booster at this stage but can I ask how you found the Softronic ECU modification.

I have a Cayman 2.9 MY2011 and was thinking Evoms ECU and new sports exhaust, probably a Blueflame. But was also contemplating a Softronic, but have heard mixed reviews on just doing a "rechip" of the ECU.

#3 · (Edited)
Well I've now added the Sprintbooster to my car & WOW! I was stupid not to do so all those months ago...

For me the added "Sports Mode" that comes with Softronic and low end torque was what I was after & received from the tune. I have the 3.4L so I can't really comment on the 2.9L
Also the rev limiter is raised by 300rpm which is handy @WOT. Also the only exhaust I would put on a Cayman is a Capristo, I think most people here would agree with that, however they are expensive.

Also the Softronic tune comes with a Durametric cable for simple diagnostic & error read outs.

#5 · (Edited)
You will require a laptop for the Softronic installation, can be purchased through this website at the current discount!

Sprintbooster eliminates that annoying throttle lag, makes throttle input fun & responsive (I have the auto version)

Sprintbooster can be bought via this website as well. Installation is a bit tricky for both, seeing you're in Sydney I'm happy to lend a hand.

#6 ·
Hi Capercat,
Apologies for not replier earlier to your reply and kind offer, but things got a bit hectic there for a while.

I'm now the owner of an 09 build with a 2011 engine and 2011 software etc. Porsche did admit that there were serious "tolerances issues" with some of the 09 build 2.9 engines - I guess I got one, but I was happy with the customer service from Porsche Centre Willoughby, all free of course, a great loan car for the 3 days it was MIA.

I've looked up your recommendation - Autohaus in Dee Why - they seem great and I plan to get my Cayman serviced there, and more regularly than Porsche recommend. They are also looking into ECU remapping for me and are establishing if anyone yet has done the research on the 2011 build and software. I think EVOMSit are on the ball regarding this. I'll let you know.

I did try and find out info regarding Softronic but their website is woeful and I'm not sure if they have the product for the 2011 motor and software. I'm also not sure how it all works and what the options are, and I don't think I'm alone, as a number of other members were asking some basic questions and didn't really seem to get clear answers from Scott at Softronic.

The Sprintbooster sounds great and I think I'll get one of those although I understand as part of the EVOMSit package they remap the throttle response (I guess like the Sports Chrono pack) but I understand that the Sprintbooster takes it to a whole new level even if you had the chrono pack. My only concern with the sprintbooster,(besides being concerned that I'll **** it up and my throttle pedal no longer works) is that the set up is a bit too "aftermarket" for my liking and I'd want to be sure it's not visible at all.

I had an M3 for 3 years prior to this car and you could change the throttle settings at the push of a button, the famous "M button". I must say I always had it at it's most sensitive, and whilst it didn't add any power it certainly made the car feel more alive and willing.

I'm also likely to leave it all just a little while longer as the new engine only has 300 k's on it and I don't want to be revving its head off when they install the software or me accidently hitting full throttle all the time when I touch the throttle with the Sprintbooster on. I also couldn't see where to purchase the Sprintbooster.

#7 ·
Cayman_09 is another Sydney member that had his 09 2.9L engine swapped to the 2011 engine & software! we're meeting up in a couple of weeks for a cruise, come join us. (I think also at Willoughby)

Sprintbooster is incognito as it's a tiny device which sits between the throttle & throttle cable (it cannot be seen) I own the older version without the wire for different modes. I think they're neater. It is a must because there is electronic lag in the pedal, separate to the ECU throttle map...cheap effective mode IMO.

Great that Autohaus are looking into a suitable tune, keep us posted.

#9 ·
Thanks, I'll do that - I'll come back if I can't find his details. (I thought it was Scott, but I'ts Steven no doubt)

I'm up for a drive. One of the best around Sydney is the road down to Akuna Bay, Bayview, and West head, needs to be late in afternoon or early morning but more bends twists and turns than you can poke a stick at. Last weekend I passed a 993 RS coming in the other direction full throttle up the hill - sounded sweet!
But I'm still taking it easy on the revs.

#10 · (Edited)
Scott is Softronic .. Steve for SP

I love West Head Road, drive it approx once a fortnight, dodged a few wallabies in my time haha
Old Pacific HWY sections II to Somersby & section 1 to Brooklyn are my favorite, then back to Peats Ridge! Sunday just past was a Ferrari, VW, Audi drive it was brilliant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.