Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Infinitely more attractive; Tesla Model S proportions from the rear 3/4.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Wow, what a difference a nice butt makes. If they make it true to the concept and offer it with a 6-speed manual, I'd place a deposit immediately. It's a crime to not offer the Panamera with a manual box.

Porsche confirms Panamera Shooting Brake for U.S.

·
Registered
323 Posts
...what a difference a nice butt makes. If they make it true to the concept and offer it with a 6-speed manual, I'd place a deposit immediately. It's a crime to not offer the Panamera with a manual box.
article on the new 971 panamera has undisguised imagery of the 2017 car - confirming that it does, in fact, have a much better butt. much better roofline too! unfortunately for lovers of manual transmissions, the article also states the following: "All models are fitted with a ZF-supplied 8-speed dual-clutch automatic; this, in fact, is the only transmission that will be used on any of the VW Group’s MSB vehicles, Porsche or not, and it is designed to incorporate an electric motor on hybrid models. The 6-speed manual, available on the predecessor until 2014, was ordered in such low numbers that a replacement was discarded early on."

it's an interesting read for anyone considering a new porsche sedan and the images shown are high-rez/very clear, not camo. here is the link: Porsche Panamera 971 Review

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Looks as boring as the current one. I don't see much difference. No imagination at all. Not sexy. Meh.

They should abandon the idea making it look like pregnant 911, and start from scratch. Those guys got it right. Just put the head designer to sleep and steal one from Aston:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts