Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I ordered Spyder RS 60 door scuff sill plates as replacement of base plastic "boxster" plates which has quite a lot of scratches.

They are metallic and I think they also look nice but are more stylish and better lasting than plastic ones. But I like these cars to be as original as possible. The next owner may be not respecting if finding parts "do not belong" to vehicle.

Those are Porsche parts anyway...but still hit or a mistake, I know this might not be a big issue, but what do you think?

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's your car and your choice.if you like than do it.
it is also a good idea to keep the parts your replacing and give it to the next owner.at that point the new owner can have the option to leave them on or replace.
when I had my Boxster ,I bought the red tail light from rs60 and they looked great.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you like it, then do it. Some purists may not care for it but who cares? It's your car and nothing wrong with upgrading the look of it to your taste. It's not like you have a base Boxster and you're painting your calipers red and slapping an S on the trunk. I've thought about adding the checkered flag GT3 decal to my LE. It wouldn't be like I was trying to pass it off as a GT3. Unless you're entering into conquers events, your car is a blank canvas that you can paint however you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.