Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congratulations on your Spyder.

I am very closely involved with EU-USA travel and I can tell you that NOBODY has any clue when that will open. Not German Government, not Canada Government, not WHO, everybody is totally clueless. I have estimates ranging from mid-June all the way to January 2021 for opening the travel across Atlantic. I have 3 projects waiting to be finalized for more than a month now and I need Italian crews to finish them. Not a pretty situation, but that's what earns my paycheck. If computer could do it, I would be jobless :)
I wish you well. I was hoping to take my father with me to pick up my Spyder for a cruise to France to visit his brothers resting place in France. His brother was killed during WW2. One day I'll get to drive the Autobahn.

·
Registered
380 Posts
By these dates I would expect that you ordered it some time ago? You do know that there are currently no ED's happening during the early-mid summer time frames... Curious where you are at, PM if you prefer.
I filled out the paperwork many months ago however I didn't get approved by the dealer until quite recently. Its been a long ride which I'll appreciate when I finally get my car. It will be parked in the fall then back on the road next spring.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was informed today that I will be able to complete a Euro delivery for my 2020 Spyder in September. With the current Covid19 situation I think I will pass and do a regular delivery. I can make a firm decision two weeks before the car is ready.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I was informed today that I will be able to complete a Euro delivery for my 2020 Spyder in September. With the current Covid19 situation I think I will pass and do a regular delivery. I can make a firm decision two weeks before the car is ready.
So when is your Spyder supposed to be complete?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't have the exact date yet however it looks like September/October. It looks like I will be driving my GT4 through the summer this year.
I don't have the exact date yet however it looks like September/October. It looks like I will be driving my GT4 through the summer this year.
I have an allocation for a 718 Spyder that was scheduled to enter production April 24; obviously that did not occur. All I have heard from the dealer is that it will begin some time in June. Has anyone heard anything more definite as to when Porsches will be manufactured or whether the Spyders will be 2020 or 2021 models?

williamr

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I have an allocation for a 718 Spyder that was scheduled to enter production April 24; obviously that did not occur. All I have heard from the dealer is that it will begin some time in June. Has anyone heard anything more definite as to when Porsches will be manufactured or whether the Spyders will be 2020 or 2021 models?

williamr
Your SA can provide a build tracking sheet to show the expected dates for production, if it is building in June it definitely a 2020 model. 2021 models will not building until September and won't likely deliver until early December.

Check out this link as well, you might be in luck!

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020...nes-20905.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
Maybe the only way to buy a 718 GT4, any guess on final bid? $120K+? 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Maybe the only way to buy a 718 GT4, any guess on final bid? $120K+? 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Nope, there are a number of GT4/Spyder's out there for sale at dealerships, allocations are available as well for 2021 models as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts