Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I received my allocation a couple days ago... Confirmed late September build with a November delivery.
For the USA no sport buckets will be available (Half or full shells). There is a stop order on them.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My delivery is also November. However, I am not hearing the same info about buckets. I am hearing that the issue will be resolved late summer.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
My delivery is also November. However, I am not hearing the same info about buckets. I am hearing that the issue will be resolved late summer.
Steve,
I hope you are right... I'm hearing that that the GT4 and GT3RS is getting priority over the Spyder for the LWB.
You might double check your order. A November delivery is a September build... and that means a July build lock. If they announce in August the LWB are available like some are stating that means your order will not be able to change. Just make sure your build lock is after August. As I have mentioned in another post, I'm debating switching to a November build just for this reason. Nothing is guaranteed though.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If I were ordering, I wouldn't want the LWBS. I totally fail to see any benefit of them at that unGodly price. Especially when I read they shove ur head forward when wearing a helmet. No way I'd be interested. Plenty of much cheaper aftermarket alternatives are available. Hard to see a reason to delay production for them. Hard to see why there seems to be a cult following for them. There are better and cheaper alternatives, if weight reduction is ur goal...

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I were ordering, I wouldn't want the LWBS. I totally fail to see any benefit of them at that unGodly price. Especially when I read they shove ur head forward when wearing a helmet. No way I'd be interested. Plenty of much cheaper aftermarket alternatives are available. Hard to see a reason to delay production for them. Hard to see why there seems to be a cult following for them. There are better and cheaper alternatives, if weight reduction is ur goal...
You could order LWBS pay the $4,300 up charge and take them out on day 1 and resell them for $12/$15k. That leaves you $8k to get some new seats! Try selling your sofas and see what you get. Factory correct Porsche parts is what it's about. Why there is a cult following is because $4k for genuine Porsche buckets is a deal. Price them out later and see what they cost you from Porsche... then you will understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts