Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a white/carrera red spyder...I want to have black mats with carrera red trim...I was not able to order this combination when specing the car...would anyone know how I can buy set? I have already called local Porshce parts and they indicate that because otpions CFX and CJX are from the exclusive program unless they are on the original build sheet with the car it is not possible to get them replaced...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have ordered a white/carrera red spyder...I want to have black mats with carrera red trim...I was not able to order this combination when specing the car...would anyone know how I can buy set? I have already called local Porshce parts and they indicate that because otpions CFX and CJX are from the exclusive program unless they are on the original build sheet with the car it is not possible to get them replaced...
That sucks about not being able to order them from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had looked at the Lloyd mats and thought that the red trim was closer to guards red then carrera red (being more than slightly anal)...if I am not able to get the mats with carrera red trim ... I will go the Lloyd route ... Pete nice mats ...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
One word of warning about the Lloyd mats, the PORSCHE red lettering is located in an area that will get dirty very quickly.

My lettering is all dark and dirty now and no amount of cleaning will fix it. Porsche mats have their lettering down the left side, away from the foot area...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K-MAN I have tried that too...unfortunately with allocations on this model being what they are ... cars are already spoken for or spec'ed differently than what I would try and get and they can no longer change the car or I have not been able to find a dealer that would order the mats the way I would like...which is black with carrera red trim...when I spec'ed my car I could get the carrera red trim with red carpet only ... no black because of the fact that I ordered the carrera red interior...I can only order black with carrera red trim if the rest of the carpet is black ... maybe I will get lucky... the salesman has emailed PCNA and a Porsche liaison to see if they can assist...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete,

If I go the Lloyd route I would only get the red edging no lettering for the reasons you point out...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
On a side note, I hope to see you at one of the Cars & Coffee events in Chatham or one of our drives later this spring.

When is the car due?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Production was supposed to have been finished yesterday...status has changed from PRDLST to PRDQLT I suspect around the middle of April to be at the dealer

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In case anyone was interested in the various codes that can be assigned to an order below is a list I found at 3.0 The Order Process - Porsche Boxster (986) FAQ

At various times, other codes may show up on the IDCS. For example, if you ordered Tourist Delivery. The complete list of IDCS codes are listed below.
ACKNWL Order acknowledged by PCNA
ACPORD Order accepted by PCNA
CANCEL Order rejected by PCNA, no allocation
CBUYBK CRV - Customer Intl PCNA Fleet
CMPCAR PCNA Company Car
CMPPRD Vehicle Completed Production
COCAR Company Car
COOPRT Certificate of Origin Printed
CRTSYD Courtesy Dealer Delivery
CSTINV Customer Inventory Vehicle Delivered
CUSTMR Customer Order
DBUYBK CRV - Dealer Into PCNA Fleet
DEMO Demo
DLRARR Arrived at Dealership
DLRDMI In Dealer Demo
DLRARR Arrived at Dealership
DLRDMI In Dealer Demo
DLRDMO Out Dealer Demo
DLRINV Dealer Inventory
EXPPDI Expedite at PDI
HLDORD Order Held/Over Allocation
IMPINV Vehicle Complete and Invoiced
IMPPRT Vehicle at U.S. Port
INTRND Vehicle Shipped to Dealer
INVCRD Issued Credit
INVDLR Invoiced Dealer
INVSHP Invoiced and Shipped to Dealer
MFGCNF Assigned a Production Number
NVSPRT NVIS Printed (Canadian Documents)
ONVESL On Vessel
ORDTFR Order Transferred
ORDTYP Order Type Changed
ORDXMC Changed Order Transmitted to PAG
PDI Vehicle at Charleston PDI
PDIFIN Vehicle Finished PDI
PDIMON Monroney Printed
PLANPU Planned Pick Up at Factory
PLPROD Vehicle is Planned for Production
PRCPRT Price Protect Vehicle Price
PRDBDY Vehicle in Factory Body Shop
PRDEST Estimated Completion Date
PRDLST Factory Last Checkpoint
PRDPNT Vehicle in Factory Paint Shop
PRDQLT Factory Quality Check
PRDSIN Vehicle in Exclusive Shop
PRDSOT Vehicle left Exclusive Shop
PROD Vehicle in Production
PRODLR TD (Tourist Delivery) Invoice Mailed
PROFRM TD (Tourist Delivery) Invoice Printed
REFREQ Refund Requested
RELEAS Order released and awaiting transmission to PAG
RTLRVR Retail Reversal
SHOWPR Show/Press Car
SHPDLR Ship to Dealer
SHPMFT Shipping manifest
STOCK Stock Inventory
TDARUS TD (Tourist Delivery) Arrived at Importer Port
TDCHKR TD (Tourist Delivery) Final Payment Received
TDCNFS TD (Tourist Delivery) Confirmation Sent
TDDEP TD (Tourist Delivery) Deposit Received
TDDOC TD (Tourist Delivery) Received Documentation
TDINVM TD (Tourist Delivery) Invoice Mailed
TDINVR TD (Tourist Delivery) Issued Credit
TDONVS TD (Tourist Delivery) Vehicle on Vessel
TDRFND TD (Tourist Delivery) Refunded
TDRRCV TD (Tourist Delivery) Received Doc/Deposit
TDRTRN TD (Tourist Delivery) Customer Return Vehicle to Factory
TDSALE TD (Tourist Delivery) Retail Delivery - U.S. Vehicle
TDSDLR TD (Tourist Delivery) Shipped to Dealer
TOURST Tourist Delivery Order
TRNSFR Dealer Order/Inventory Transfer
VATDEP VAT Deposit
VATREF VAT Refunded
WTYEXT Warranty Extension Information
XMTSMF Shipping Manifest Transmitted

[Thanks to Tina Todd email.gif (884 bytes) at Beverly Hills Porsche for much of the information in this section.]

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think your dealer is being a bit in-flexible here, I doubt whether my Porsche dealer would get away with that :)

How much did you just drop on a new Spyder and they wont even sell you the floor mats you want? I would kick up a fuss to Porsche USA ! :)

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
You can get the PORSCHE lettering in an embossed applique from Llloyds that does not wear as easily as the standard lettering. It does cost more. Another option is Techart. They will manufacture a set of mats w/ any color leather trim and they will delete the Techart logo. The dealer's don't like to order cars just to obtain parts for someone else's car. Just imagine that you want to buy a car w/ equipment on the sticker that is no longer on the car because it's now on another car! Unlike wheels are easily swapped in and out, exclusive parts like floor mats or leather trim pieces are not.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Red and Black on the coco mats ... nice idea ... I have them for another car and it had not occurred to me to do that ... the sales rep has kicked it up to PCNA and Porsche to see what can be done ... who would have thought it would so challenging to order mats ... try contacting your local Porsche dealer's parts departments and try and order the mats ... I am being told no can do if the car was not originally ordered that way...sure you can get plain black but no on the insanely priced ones ... as I explained to the rep I have had such a difficult time trying to spend money with a company that doesn't want it ...

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I ordered the same Lloyd mats as Pistol Pete for my GT3. Two things to know- the red binding on the edge is somewhat of an orange-red and does not exactly match the Carrera or Guards red Porsche colors. That said, without close attention the red does look sharp. Also, the attachment system of the Lloyds carpet is a strap system that connects to the front of the seat base. Mine came off regularly and I had to take it to a boat canvas shop to have them sew velcro on the bottom so it would install the same as the factory mats and stay in place.

All that being said, I will probably order the same mats again in Dark Blue/Red trim for my soon to arrive Cayman S as I have ordered it with red belts, the red fire extinguisher to coordinate with the red calipers.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
+1 on Coco Mats. You can get many color combinations including black with red dot. These mats are the most durable you'll find, never show dirt and are period correct for this modern interpretation of the classic Spyder. Order from (Default, Trunk and Cargo ) and you will get excellent service from the people who actually make them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts