976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date: Now on May 15, 2010
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Barrier Porsche
12000 Bel-Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005
RSVP: 425-455-8535

I've been considering going to Barrier's Boxster Spyder launch party on the 15th, but was wondering if we could also turn it into an informal NW region get together. Anyone else interested in attending?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I am in. Already sent RSVP message to Barrier.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
For parking should we even bother at Barrier Porsche or stake out an area across the way at Lake Bellevue parking lot?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
It is literally on the other side of 120th Ave NE from Barrier Porsche.

From 405 to NE 8th St Eastbound take a left on to Bel-Red Rd and then left again on 120th Ave NE where Barrier Porsche is on the right. Immediately to the left is a driveway entrance (Lake Bellevue Dr.) to the Lake Bellevue office complex with lots of parking.

During the weekend there should not be too many cars. We can park in one of the up front sections nose out and then walk over for the preview.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, just got my rsvp in today, sounds like they're expecting a good turnout.

I was planning to get there a little before 12:00, but probably won't stay the whole time. Does meeting in that lake Bellevue parking lot around 11:45 work for you guys?

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
11:45 sounds good to me,Is it just the 3 of us ? I want to hear blitzkriegs car !
Where is everyone else ? Tomasz ? Blitz can you call tomasz and see if he can come ? I want him to dissable my rear spoiler light on my dash ,Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Peter, I'll try and get in touch with Tomasz.

About that error code, do you know if its something we could fix with one of our enthusiast cables/software or is Tomasz's professional version required?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I will try to make it there with Durametric cable and laptop. Someone else will need to figure out software as I will have two kids with me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What are people doing before/after? Was considering seeing if Carb Connection had available dyno time this Saturday AM or afternoon and then putting car on dyno before/after the launch event. Anyone would be welcome to come to watch and/or dyno assuming we can get on the calendar there. It typically takes about 30 minutes per car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I now have a timeslot on saturday May 15th, 2:00 for a dyno at Carb Connection. My plans are to attend the first couple hours of the launch event, arriving at 11:45 in lake bellevue lot as mentioned above, then head to the dyno after seeing the car. Anyone wishing to join me is welcome, if you want to dyno your own car I believe the rate is $150 as there is no group discount this time around.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Friend of mine will be joining us in his '08 M3 for the launch party as well, not sure if he'll be heading to the dyno though.
Tell him this: "Have you heard of all the carbon buildup issues? Most V8 M3s show less power than Cayman S."

Tomasz

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha that might be enough to motivate him to do a dyno, though after riding in his car I don't think he's had it long enough for carbon buildup to be an issue.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.