Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 years ago, finally bought myself the BMW I had been craving for a few years. It was my first high performance car, and proved to be a gateway drug for all things cars. Fast forward a few years and I've been looking forward to my first real Porsche experience. I was planning on waiting a little longer, but with the rumors of the Cayman and Boxster moving to forced-induction, I knew it was time to secure one of these amazing example of the NA-era. While the Cayman GT4 was top of my list (and everyone else's), that proved to be unobtanium. But living in California, what better way to enjoy GT4-like performance while enjoying the meandering mountain road I take into work every day. So boom, Boxster Spyder.

Was able to secure an allocation back in August.
My Boxster Spyder completed its build on Oct 19 and is scheduled to be delivered Dec 20th.

Sapphire blue, platinum wheels, leather interior, red seat belts.

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 4.48.40 PM.jpg

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara, Stitching in Red
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Reversing Camera
Wind Deflector
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal
20" Boxster Spyder Design Wheels
Wheels Painted in Platinum Satin Exclusive
Door Opening Loops in Stitching Color
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Light Design Package
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
2-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Seat Heating
Seat Belts in Guards Red Exclusive
Leather Interior Package (with Leather Interior) Exclusive
Center Console Trim in Leather Exclusive

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congrats!

Same motivation here. Got an Audi TTS a few years ago and it was addictive - especially as I tuned it to be the perfect track and road car. Then I started thinking Porsche as they come alredy tuned to what I want and are better built and everyone had them at the track. Was looking to start the process around June next year - but then the rumours of forced induction and the Spyder coming with the GT4 engine - it was a do now or forever hold your peace sort of deal.

I am not good at listening to myself say "I told you so". So I jumped.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Peach!

I wonder how many potential buyers came out of the woodwork once the forced induction rumors began to swirl. Much like yourself, I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't have a shot at this model, so I'm glad I took the plunge.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's a really nice build. Congrats. I've been going back and forth with a similar build. ( 18w seats, seat heating, PCM and the reversing camera) or LWBS. I'm leaning towards the LWBS at this point but I'm still undecided.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Love that you went sapphire with red stitching/belts. Should be a good Christmas!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a really nice build. Congrats. I've been going back and forth with a similar build. ( 18w seats, seat heating, PCM and the reversing camera) or LWBS. I'm leaning towards the LWBS at this point but I'm still undecided.
I went back and forth on LWBs, too. Ultimately, I wanted heated seats and didn't want the cost increase if I wasn't sure how LWBs would feel (I had a chance to jump in some 18-way at the dealers and they seemed mighty fine). I'm pretty sure most people sweating this question are going to be very happy with either one :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love that you went sapphire with red stitching/belts. Should be a good Christmas!
Thanks! I was having a hard time deciding between white stitching and red. Finally found some photos of a couple people who had done Sapphire + Red and thought it totally worked.

Plus, it's a Spyder. It's gotta feel just a little over the top each time you get in ;-)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks! I was having a hard time deciding between white stitching and red. Finally found some photos of a couple people who had done Sapphire + Red and thought it totally worked.

Plus, it's a Spyder. It's gotta feel just a little over the top each time you get in ;-)

Hence spyder classic interior! :banana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts