Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at some pictures of the Boxster Spyder and saw that it appears to have side grills that don't have bars but instead just open with mesh.

If that's the case then maybe for a desnork these could be prefect depedning on the size of the mesh, or if the mesh is seperate from the grill it could simply be replaced with a mesh with smaller holes. As the fender panels have not changed it should be a simple changeover.

Maybe someone has looked close up at them on a Spyder?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I want to see them in person, but I'd want them black for gen 1. Are you sure they would fit gen 1? I asked this on another thread but did not get an answer.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Spyder pics I've seen they are black and I don't think there is any change between gen 1 or gen 2 cars in the side grills, unless I am mistaken.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Was looking at some pictures of the Boxster Spyder and saw that it appears to have side grills that don't have bars but instead just open with mesh.

If that's the case then maybe for a desnork these could be prefect depedning on the size of the mesh, or if the mesh is seperate from the grill it could simply be replaced with a mesh with smaller holes. As the fender panels have not changed it should be a simple changeover.

Maybe someone has looked close up at them on a Spyder?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one Geomic :cheers:

Looks like some finer mesh would have to added to it but that should be easy enough if any one wanted to.

I see you're in Lemesos, I lived in Akrotiri for 3 years when I was younger and still to this day can't get it out of my head. Cyprus is my all time favourite country and there is not a thing I'd change about the place.

Tell me is there still a sandwich shop on the corner of the woolworths car park in Limassol? It was owned by a guy called George and who was good friends with my family and made the best sandwiches (Haloumi, bacon and "stuff") I have ever had in my life!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Part numbers for the 'Spyder' style grill are:

987 504 561 04 9B1 - Ventilation Grille, titanium metallic (Spyder) - Left
987 504 562 04 9B1 - Ditto - Right

I don't have a current price but the standard 987 ones are around $60 each

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great stuff Nick, and that offers another option to folks out there now :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for those part numbers. If anyone actually installs these, pictures would sure be appreciated:
:cheers:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice one Geomic :cheers:

Looks like some finer mesh would have to added to it but that should be easy enough if any one wanted to.

I see you're in Lemesos, I lived in Akrotiri for 3 years when I was younger and still to this day can't get it out of my head. Cyprus is my all time favourite country and there is not a thing I'd change about the place.

Tell me is there still a sandwich shop on the corner of the woolworths car park in Limassol? It was owned by a guy called George and who was good friends with my family and made the best sandwiches (Haloumi, bacon and "stuff") I have ever had in my life!
Yeah I think Lemesos is about the best city to combine everything all year round. I don't really know about George place as I leave on the other site of town closer to the Hotels.

I'll have a look next time I am in town for you!

Thanks to your topic now I'll be looking for a set of these site vents for my Cayman if this is a direct replacement thing! :)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think Lemesos is about the best city to combine everything all year round. I don't really know about George place as I leave on the other site of town closer to the Hotels.

I'll have a look next time I am in town for you!

Thanks to your topic now I'll be looking for a set of these site vents for my Cayman if this is a direct replacement thing! :)
Oh to think of the times when you can be on the beach in the morning and then up in Troodos enjoying some snow in the afternoon.....I hiked all over Cyprus and so know the land well.

If Nick could confirm the black plastic carrier that clips to the grill is the same as the Gen I/II carrier then all will be good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Part numbers for the 'Spyder' style grill are:

987 504 561 04 9B1 - Ventilation Grille, titanium metallic (Spyder) - Left
987 504 562 04 9B1 - Ditto - Right

I don't have a current price but the standard 987 ones are around $60 each
Cool!

Now that we have part numbers; where are the best prices? Does anyone have them in stock yet?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting the part numbers. Like you I saw them on the Spyder and wanted them for my car. I sent the numbers to my local dealer (Porsche of Arlington, VA) and got a quote of $194 each but we're available yet.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
If Nick could confirm the black plastic carrier that clips to the grill is the same as the Gen I/II carrier then all will be good.
The carrier for the spyder grille is the same part number for both the Gen I/II boxster.

Note: However that the part number is different for the Cayman.

Boxster carrier: Left - 987 504 749 01 01C
Right - 987 504 750 01 01C

Cayman carrier: Left - 987 504 749 02 01C
Right - 987 504 750 02 01C

I cannot say if the parts are interchangeable but the carrier is $40 should you need one on a Cayman.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The new spyder grilles won't fit in the standard Boxster or Cayman Carrier/Bracket. Looks like modifications would be required to fit, we're hoping that an updated bracket will be released.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
The new spyder grilles won't fit in the standard Boxster or Cayman Carrier/Bracket. Looks like modifications would be required to fit, we're hoping that an updated bracket will be released.
As per earlier post:

The carrier for the spyder grille is the same part number for both the Gen I/II boxster.

Note: However that the part number is different for the Cayman.

Boxster carrier: Left - 987 504 749 01 01C
Right - 987 504 750 01 01C

Cayman carrier: Left - 987 504 749 02 01C
Right - 987 504 750 02 01C

I cannot say if the parts are interchangeable but the carrier is $40 should you need one on a Cayman.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Do you have these available yet? If so, how much do they run? I'm considering this for my 2005 Boxster S.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts