Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was looking at buying track pads for my Spyder and was told that front pads on the Spyder are different to regular Carrera/Boxster S/Cayman S pads but that the rears are the same as the Cayman S.
Anyone know more about this? I cannot imagine that Porsche changed the caliper and disc on the Spyder... but I'd like confirmation.
TIA
JM

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Hi all,
I was looking at buying track pads for my Spyder and was told that front pads on the Spyder are different to regular Carrera/Boxster S/Cayman S pads but that the rears are the same as the Cayman S.
Anyone know more about this? I cannot imagine that Porsche changed the caliper and disc on the Spyder... but I'd like confirmation.
TIA
JM
Front pads are the same as the MY2010 Boxster S the rear pads are the same as the MY2009 Boxster S unless you have PCCB.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, can you confirm your source - i.e. have you done it or read on PET?

The guys in parts at Suncoast say that the pads have a different serial number.... I then asked them to check the caliper number on both cars and those seem to be identical... so their theory was that the oem spyder pads are already track worthy... which I intend to find out... on a track !

Thanks again for replying and all the best
JM

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Great, can you confirm your source - i.e. have you done it or read on PET?

The guys in parts at Suncoast say that the pads have a different serial number.... I then asked them to check the caliper number on both cars and those seem to be identical... so their theory was that the oem spyder pads are already track worthy... which I intend to find out... on a track !

Thanks again for replying and all the best
JM
Checked on PET for you.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Thank you very much
Just doubled checked ....

I correct myself the Spyder pads front and rear are from MY2009.

Porsche changed the pads for MY2010 for the Boxster S.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Here you go:

Front:

Rear:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
What's interesting is now ALL steel braked cars have the larger S calipers/rotors.
NO more smaller front brakes!

·
Registered
360 Posts
We verified that the new Spyder has a different type of front pads. The dimensions are the same as a standard "S" pads. We noticed that there are paint stripes on the pad, the same stripes which are on the 996 Sport Pad Set. So it appears that they have a more aggressive pad in the front, so this could be a worthwhile upgrade for Cayman S or Boxster S owners who want a little better pad in the front.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You don't need and won't want a more aggressive ie higher friction pad up front vs. rear - exactly the opposite is true, or the same F&R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts