Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Spyder has its own forum, it probably deserves its own "waiters club"
There are a couple of threads dangling around where people say they have orders, locked etc - but lets have an obvious place for the waiters to come, announce themselves, chat about our orders and anxiously wait for the great day when our Spyder arrives

So Im calling out to everyone who has an order or even a deposit - to come and proudly post up.
A quick check of a few threads and I see: SteveinNJ, RedSpyder, pkman981, milehigh. Post up!
Any more?

·
Registered
626 Posts
You forgot me ;)
Jeez, we can't forget the Spyder addict ! ;)

I'm still (impatiently) waiting for build date and confirmation.
The more reviews I see the more impatient I get!

i actually had a crazy thought.. Getting a paint sample kit and painting my model Spyder in the PTS color. I think I need help.
:helpme:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I should post up that Ive ordered one and waiting.
Guards Red
PCM (standard for aussie spec)
painted rollover bars
reversing camera
18 way sports plus seats
red seat belts
BOSE

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i actually had a crazy thought.. Getting a paint sample kit and painting my model Spyder in the PTS color. I think I need help.
:helpme:
Not crazy at all!
I had exactly the same thought - except I was going to ask a mate who is a model maker to paint it (for beer!)
And of cause the rollover bars would need painting as well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry, forgot to put the build up:

Ipanema blue
18 way seats w seat heating
red seat belts
Bose
light design package (silly but I really want this for some odd reason)
Auto dimming mirrors/rain sensor
Leather interior in black, leather steering wheel/shifter
brushed aluminum trim
manul a/c, extended fuel tank and some of the other "free" goodies.

Still toying with painting the roll hoops and / or platinum wheels. this is where my model painting might come in handy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm here!! Still trying to figure out what "V210 change freeze date reached" order status means. I've read posts of people making changes to a build after reaching this status. Also, what V150 "order released to PAG" means, now that the dealer has changed their original configuration to my specs. The dealer system accepted the changes to my build yesterday, but I'm worried that PAG won't allow the changes since it was after V210 was reached (that was the build status, when I found out about the allocation. I guess I won't really know until I see the status code change with my current build inputed. Hopefully I'll find out more info tomorrow. As for my build:

Carrara White Metallic
Spyder classic interior
Light Weight Buckets
Platinum satin wheels
Painted roll hoops
Auto climate control
CDR plus
Bose
reversing camera
and all the free options.

September build (dealer says could be delayed due to buckets)

·
Registered
199 Posts
October build:
Exterior Color
1V Roadster Top in Black $0
S2 Rhodium Silver Metallic $710

Interior Color
67 Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara, Stitching in Red $2,160

Exterior
498 Deletion of Model Designation $0
551 Wind Deflector $0
620 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) $690
7X9 Reversing Camera $655

Performance
085 Extended Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal $0
480 Manual Transmission $0

Wheels
393 20" Boxster Spyder Design Wheels $0

Wheel Accessories
XDH Wheels Painted in Platinum Satin Exclusive $990

Interior
505 Door Opening Loops in Stitching Color $0
573 2-Zone Automatic Climate Control $760
581 Storage Net in Passenger Footwell $0
583 Smoking Package $0
750 Deviated Stitching $1,040
P11 Full Bucket Seats $4,730
XSX Seat Belts in Guards Red Exclusive $350

Interior Carbon Fiber
XHM Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber Exclusive $340

Audio and Communications
619 Bluetooth® Mobile Phone Preparation $0
P27 CDR Plus Audio System $1,70

·
Registered
88 Posts
Woohoo, sign me up to the club. Now where's the members only bar and grill?

Reactions: Milehigh981

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Great idea for a thread!
Please include expected delivery dates!!!

GT Silver
Platinum wheels
Tinted tail lights
Black interior with red stitching (may go Spyder Classic red/black pending more pics or seeing in person)
Full buckets
Carbon dash trim
Carbon console trim
Carbon gear shift knob
Carbon Spyder door sills
Light design package
PDLS
Auto dimming mirrors
Headlight washers body color
Manual A/C
Other freebies (e.g. Extended fuel tank, windscreen, Bluetooth, leather wheel and shift knob, smoking package for the little door and extra 12v)

Still debating:
Red door loops (debating seat belts)
CDR Base system with sound package plus speakers/amp
- Sound system is biggest debate. I toggle between this and Burmester. I think base system as I will upgrade later with a better head unit, amp, and speakers. Or I will just splurge now and complete my dream configuration now. But then again, do I really want/need this in a loud PSE 3.8 car with the sound insulation ripped out??? AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

I will receive the car mid-November

P.S. They will bury me in this car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Waiting here too.
September build/October delivery
Rhodium/red interior
painted safety bars
Black wheels
pdls with washers in red
side intakes in red
2 way seats
bose pkg

review camera
climate control
heated seats
no cost opts:smokers/extended fuel tank/net/leather steering wheel pkg

My regrets may be color/PTS and not getting Burmester nor sundry leather bits and not doing the light weight bucket seats or pccb; otherwise, seriously, I'm really excited about driving this new car! Going to be fantastic and I can't wait!

Edit 7/18/2015:
Black wheels!
Exclusive leather trimmed mats
aluminum gas cap

Edit 7/20/2015:
Hoping I don't regret those red decorative bits.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
So I was at my dealer today. Some observations:

They get multiple calls daily asking for an allocation. Their assessment is very very high demand, especially since early July when the reviews all started coming out and the Spyder got visibility to non-forum addicts like us.

As there are not enough Spyder Classic interior photos around, he showed me a panamera with black/red interior similar to what the Spyder will have. Bottom line in my opinion...it is a bold move. But hey, this is the car meant for bold moves! For me, I really want CF so I think I will go with the black and red stitching. They also had a car black interior and red seat belts. Awesome.

i compared Burmester, Bose, and Base systems (again, as I did when I bought my BGTS). Burmester hands down, whether the car is moving or not. I gotta have it.

Final configuration, at least for the next 5 minutes:

GT Silver
Platinum wheels
Tinted tail lights
Black interior with red stitching
Red door pulls and seat belts
Full buckets
Carbon dash trim
Carbon console trim
Carbon gear shift knob
Carbon Spyder door sills
Light design package
PDLS
Auto dimming mirrors
Manual A/C
Burmester
Backup camera
Other freebies (e.g. Extended fuel tank, windscreen, Bluetooth, leather wheel and shift knob, smoking package for the little door and extra 12v)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is Burmester available now?
Never heard one in person.

Emailed my SA, still no update on actual build date or if there will be a long delay for PTS for the spyder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
November build but not picking up vehicle until January!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Steve either get the Burmester now or the high end after market later. I thought the same thing with the Boxster GTS sound why compete with the symphony coming from the engine. But after having it wish I got the Burmester over the Bose. I am content with the Bose but would rather have the Burmester. I also considered after market high end as that used to be my hobby and am an Audiophile but do I really want some shop screwing with my Porsche. They would have to have great references. True you can better the Burmester with a better after market but it would not come cheap. Just my two cents.

(QUOTE=SteveInNJ;968550]Great idea for a thread!
Please include expected delivery dates!!!

GT Silver
Platinum wheels
Tinted tail lights
Black interior with red stitching (may go Spyder Classic red/black pending more pics or seeing in person)
Full buckets
Carbon dash trim
Carbon console trim
Carbon gear shift knob
Carbon Spyder door sills
Light design package
PDLS
Auto dimming mirrors
Manual A/C

Still debating:
Red door loops (debating seat belts)
CDR Base system with sound package plus speakers/amp
- Sound system is biggest debate. I toggle between this and Burmester. I think base system as I will upgrade later with a better head unit, amp, and speakers. Or I will just splurge now and complete my dream configuration now. But then again, do I really want/need this in a loud PSE 3.8 car with the sound insulation ripped out??? AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

I will receive the car mid-November

P.S. They will bury me in this car![/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
If you really want to make a statement the combo black and red interior. Having it in a previous M Roadster is hot. Got a lot of compliments. That with Black Gloss Wheels accents the GT Silver amazing. Everyone who sees my GT Silver / Gloss Black combo thinks it looks amazing. All the reps in the dealership kept coming over to me while picking it up and saying it was the best combo they saw. Good luck.

So I was at my dealer today. Some observations:

They get multiple calls daily asking for an allocation. Their assessment is very very high demand, especially since early July when the reviews all started coming out and the Spyder got visibility to non-forum addicts like us.

As there are not enough Spyder Classic interior photos around, he showed me a panamera with black/red interior similar to what the Spyder will have. Bottom line in my opinion...it is a bold move. But hey, this is the car meant for bold moves! For me, I really want CF so I think I will go with the black and red stitching. They also had a car black interior and red seat belts. Awesome.

i compared Burmester, Bose, and Base systems (again, as I did when I bought my BGTS). Burmester hands down, whether the car is moving or not. I gotta have it.

Final configuration, at least for the next 5 minutes:

GT Silver
Platinum wheels
Tinted tail lights
Black interior with red stitching
Red door pulls and seat belts
Full buckets
Carbon dash trim
Carbon console trim
Carbon gear shift knob
Carbon Spyder door sills
Light design package
PDLS
Auto dimming mirrors
Manual A/C
Burmester
Backup camera

1 - 20 of 431 Posts