·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that would be pretty hardcore...

·
Registered
626 Posts
It would be but no one has opted for all 3 that I've seen. Most choose at least one of the 3. The the only one debated in most of the builds I've seen are the LWB.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd probably be most attached to the A/C system.

The radio I could definitely do without.

The Full Bucket Seats are cool, but for me they'd be a tough sell at even half the price. Aftermarket seats are available in various widths, making for a better fit, but then you'd lose your side airbags.

Reactions: Milehigh981

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
The Full Bucket Seats are cool, but for me they'd be a tough sell at even half the price. Aftermarket seats are available in various widths, making for a better fit, but then you'd lose your side airbags.
I bet you could sell those LWBs for around 10K and find a set of standard seats from any Porsche Race Shop for $2,500.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd probably be most attached to the A/C system.

The radio I could definitely do without.

Yeah A/c was a no brainer. Toyed with no radio but felt it wasn't a huge cost for the occasional music/news.

I passed on LWB. Didn't see a need for them and couldn't justify the cost.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Smart move milehigh981. If u ever want to sell it the radio and/or AC deletes tocould hurt by excluding a lot of buyers. If somebody wants those deletes, they will be better off in the long run to not delete them. Go ahead and get then pulled out after delivery, and save the parts for a future buyer. Opens up a much larger market for the car in the future, if/when u want to sell.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I spent a year looking for a 987 Spyder. I called about 25 places. I can tell you that 987s with LWB, PSE, AC and CDR30 with a MT6 were the hot sellers. Everything else seemed to sit around. On Autotrader in Canada two Spyders with PDK are still listed, 6 months later. Same on Rennlist. Modded ones didn't sell well either. Only thing I can think is people are buying them as investments and want originaliy.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess you could always order the car with a radio, get the Radio Delete cubby from Suncoast for $115, and stick the radio on a shelf in your garage. The best of both worlds.

There is no such solution for the A/C Delete, but I can't see myself ever ordering a car without A/C.

And the seats are just fricking expensive.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I hope I never have to sell this car and plan on keeping this for a very long time. Honestly none of the options were chosen for the next potential buyer. AC is no cost option, no reason to delete it unless you're going "hardcore" and it certainly will help resale if needed.
Think I'll have a harder time with my color choice than ac delete if I ever decide to sell; )
The LWB seem to have a cult following online. People who have them love them. I love the 18 ways, to each his/her own.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I spent a year looking for a 987 Spyder. I called about 25 places. I can tell you that 987s with LWB, PSE, AC and CDR30 with a MT6 were the hot sellers. Everything else seemed to sit around. On Autotrader in Canada two Spyders with PDK are still listed, 6 months later. Same on Rennlist. Modded ones didn't sell well either. Only thing I can think is people are buying them as investments and want originaliy.
Is it still hard to get LWBS in the Spyder? Heavily modded high end cars never seem to do well. All factory original parts and options... that is the way of the collector ( the guys who spend the big $$$$ )

IMO A/C delete is resale suicide.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A/C its a must, but I really like listening to tunes so the radio is a also a must for me. the seats hmmm..... I am still thinking about them.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Speaking of radio delete, was there for a definitive answer on the sat radio antenna teat placement? Last I remember everyone was worried about it being placed smack in the middle of the rear deck (ugh). Has this myth been debunked or is it happening?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Speaking of radio delete, was there for a definitive answer on the sat radio antenna teat placement? Last I remember everyone was worried about it being placed smack in the middle of the rear deck (ugh). Has this myth been debunked or is it happening?
It's in the middle of the rear deck Steve. I'll find the pics

·
Registered
626 Posts
image.jpg
Donovan posted this in Renn. It Was taken in Houston, you can see the wart on the back deck

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that a couple of early tester cars would have it but it would not be on Customer ordered cars.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that if you go with base CDR (no sat radio) that you don't get the wart? I am not sure if this makes a difference for the USA market or not. I have debated between base CDR with sound package plus vs Burmester forever. This may be the topping point for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts