Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

About 2 months ago I started to notice a squeak in (from what I can tell) the drivers side front wheel well area, primarily at very low speeds after traveling over a bump or uneven concrete. I took the car to the dealer (07, 987 W/ 80,000) they examined it for close to an hour and a half, only to tell me that they could not find anything wrong and that this is a normal noise for the Cayman?

No charge as I am pretty cool with all the guys at Porsche of the Motor City. Although the squeak continues to prove bothersome. Has anyone experienced a similar issues or perhaps have any suggestions as to what could be causing the issue?

As always any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
BJ

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You might try squirting some silicon spray into your strut bearings to see if that changes the noise. These bearings do not last forever. Failing that you might have a dry tie rod end. Are rubber boots good on your tie rod ends and are the bellows on the rack intact?

Failing that is your power steering fluid level correct.

Rob

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might try squirting some silicon spray into your strut bearings to see if that changes the noise. These bearings do not last forever. Failing that you might have a dry tie rod end. Are rubber boots good on your tie rod ends and are the bellows on the rack intact?

Failing that is your power steering fluid level correct.

Rob
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the input. The dealer gave it a pretty thurough once over. I will give the silicone idea a shot, if that does not improve the issue I will then have a closer look at the tie rod ends. Power steering is good.

Thanks again, I will keep you updated.
Regards,
BJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts