Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get out of my car and press up and down on the front passenger-side fender compressing the suspension I get a 'SQUEAK!' 'SQUEAK!' 'SQUEAK!'

On the driver-side front fender nothing. Nothing on the back either.

Just the front passenger-side a very noticeable squeaking when I compress the suspension by bouncing the corner up and down.

When I drive over a bump or turn hard to the left (compressing the right front side) same squeak.

I called the dealer and they said it might be worn out struts but they'll have to see it obviously.

Question: Whatever it is (short of rotors, pad, tires) should I have to pay for it? Or should it be covered under warranty? I haven't hit any potholes or damaged the car in any way. I don't track it or drive hard. So should anything that's worn out after just 55,000km @36 months (still under warranty) be my cost?

And what do you guys think it is?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
My theory is that it's oil moving in PASM system. It only does it when cold or has been sitting for a few days.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
When I get out of my car and press up and down on the front passenger-side fender compressing the suspension I get a 'SQUEAK!' 'SQUEAK!' 'SQUEAK!'

On the driver-side front fender nothing. Nothing on the back either.

Just the front passenger-side a very noticeable squeaking when I compress the suspension by bouncing the corner up and down.

When I drive over a bump or turn hard to the left (compressing the right front side) same squeak.

I called the dealer and they said it might be worn out struts but they'll have to see it obviously.

Question: Whatever it is (short of rotors, pad, tires) should I have to pay for it? Or should it be covered under warranty? I haven't hit any potholes or damaged the car in any way. I don't track it or drive hard. So should anything that's worn out after just 55,000km @36 months (still under warranty) be my cost?

And what do you guys think it is?
I'm no expert however if it were my car I would expect the repair to be covered under the warranty. Lets us know how make out with the Dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts