Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't come up with anything so I'm making a new post.

When I lock the car I hear a short squeek-like sound comming from around the door locks. The car is new (~2k miles) and a base 09 model. Has anyone had or heard of this problem? Is this something normal during the first few thousand miles? Does anyone know of a solution/fix for this?

Thanks in advance

·
On Probation
582 Posts
mine is quiet the rare times i lock it...09 cay

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I did a search and didn't come up with anything so I'm making a new post.

When I lock the car I hear a short squeek-like sound comming from around the door locks. The car is new (~2k miles) and a base 09 model. Has anyone had or heard of this problem? Is this something normal during the first few thousand miles? Does anyone know of a solution/fix for this?

Thanks in advance
Saben,

Does it squeek when you lock the door or when you close the door. Closing the door causes the window to raise and rub against the rubber door seal. This can cause a squeek.

I hear a clunk when I lock my door but never a squeek.

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
The only thing I ever hear is a clunk from the lock mechanism. Is your glovebox open? The low horn will beep as a warning if you have the hood/trunk/glovebox open when trying to lock it. If the low horn is not working properly, it may squeak.

See if it makes the same sound by trying to lock the car with the front trunk open.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's when I lock the door, not open it. And no, I usually don't have the glovebox/trunk open.

·
Registered
620 Posts
+1 what Pistol Pete said. When doors, front trunk, rear hatch, fuel filler door, etc are open or ajar - when you lock using the keyfob, the car "chirps" to alert you. This would also happen if the car "thinks" one of these items is open - due to a bad sensor or switch (telling the computer something is open, when it's really not) for example. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts