Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the driver's side window goes down, either from opening the window or when the window cracks when opening the door, there is a squeeking sound that the window makes when it goes back up. I tried cleaning the window and the plastic seal around the door, but the noise only seems to have worsened. Any ideas on how to fix it? It's definately coming from the window rubbing the seal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a squeaky window like that too. I tried your solution (cleaning) and it worked for me. There's probably some sort of silicone spray you could use, but I don't know which.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I encountered the same problem. It was due to very tiny bits of tree sap that had sprinkled onto the car, and the window, by a pesky tree. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had sort of the same problem. The rubber guide that the window goes into got twisted somehow, so the window was rubbing on the rubber instead of the inside surface. Obviously the window could not go all the way down and that resulted to a burnt wondow-motor (318 euro) and a replacement seal for the whole door (150 euro). Ouch...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts