Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen,

I just did the installation of the SRP yesterday. I don't have enough miles on it to give a thorough report, but the mileage computer indicated 28 - 29 mpg at a steady 70 (top down, of course!) whereas before it would never do better than 24.

Power-wise, I really can't say as it's hard to be objective about that (unless maybe you got that turbo kit!) but the exhaust note from the Borla sounds much better above 6,000 rpm. Which says that it's certainly doing something good!

Somehow we managed to trigger a "battery/generator" light on the dash and can't seem to turn it off. The operating voltage shows 14 volts, +/- as it should, but the warning is still there.

I will report more later when I get time to drive some more and the weather is nice enough.

- Mark

PS: I know there is a way to put pictures on here, but the Mac "click and drag" technique doesn't seem to be the way to do it. So if you would like to see some photos, either tell me how to post them here or send me your email address and I will send them to you.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
There is a Sticky help topic in the Photo and Video forum that you can read and follow step by step to insert photos here:

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-pictures-video/10742-how-use-gallery-upload-pictures.html

Basically you can get photos from several places:

1) Some other website - you simply need the URL
2) Our Gallery - you upload from your computer to our gallery and link the photo in
3) Your Album - you upload from your computer to your personal photo album here in your member profile and then again link in the photo into the message
4) Your Garage - same process of uploading and linking but using your Garage here.

In a nutshell if a picture is on the web somewhere it will have a unique URL or address which you can insert into a message and have the photo show up using the photo insert button. If a photo is on your computer then you need to put it someplace on the web to have it show up, meaning either some photo hosting site or someplace like our gallery, albums or garage photos here on this site which will give your photo a unique address (URL) that can be inserted into any message or article on this site. (or other sites for that matter).

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
341 Posts
You did it! Were there any parts left over, or did you figure out where everything went, and how it went? Just kidding, because I'm curious to see the results and more importantly feel the results once you've gotten it sorted out. If we have some nioce weather one upcoming weekend I'll call and maybe we can meet for a coffee or something. Hope all went well with the install, and the seat of the pants dyno is doing it's job.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex,

Yes! The physical installation wasn't too bad, actually. We spent more time screwing around with the PC (Oh why don't more people use Macs???) than installing the actual plenum.

And now we have a "battery/generator" warning and still can't turn off the "service now" light. The Durametric software should allow us to do that, we just need some more time to figure it out.

And yes, if we can just get some nice weather! You have my number, call anytime...

- Mark

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Alex,

Yes! The physical installation wasn't too bad, actually. We spent more time screwing around with the PC (Oh why don't more people use Macs???) than installing the actual plenum.

And now we have a "battery/generator" warning and still can't turn off the "service now" light. The Durametric software should allow us to do that, we just need some more time to figure it out.

And yes, if we can just get some nice weather! You have my number, call anytime...

- Mark
Mark,
The requirements to get photos "online" has nothing to do with whether something is a Mac or a PC, if the photo is on your Mac (or PC) on the local hard drive then you need to get it onto a web server somewhere on the Internet for others to be able to see the photo. The are photo hosting sites like Flickr where you can do just that, or you can host your photos here in our gallery or albums, but one way or another you have to "upload" them from your Mac to a server somewhere.

I believe there are some newer digital cameras (Sony perhaps?) that have a "Save to Internet" feature which actually sends the photo from the camera to a web photo hosting service via a wireless connection if your camera has established a wireless connection. That takes the PC or Mac out of the equation, but again still requires the photo to end up somewhere that people can find it on the Internet to be able to see it.

Hope that helps, and hope you get your check engine light problem fixed!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken,

Sorry if I wasn't clear!

I was meaning to outline our frustration with the way the PC works as we loaded the client server, zipped files from Softronics, etc. It works, it's just for us Mac guys, you have to do a lot more "stuff."

I wasn't referring to the pictures. I got what you mentioned in the previous post about referring to a URL for posting pictures. I haven't done that yet, but I got it.

I just want some warm top down weather so I can give the car a chance to breathe lots of air through the SRP!

Thanks for a great forum!

- Mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex et al. ,

I posted some images to my MobileMe gallery. I think what Ken was telling me is that I can post the link to that site, you can go there and see what I published there.

Clicky here:

MobileMe Gallery

And let me know if you get there...

- Mark

PS: I just clicked on it and it works.

PPS: Porsche made Boxsters so much fun to access their engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts