Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys:

I know there was another thread about this issue, but was wondering if others are starting to see this now. I've had my SRP/4.1 Softronics setup in the car now for a while (nearly 2 years?), and noticed today that at idle, the hose pretty much collapses all the way. Was out doing a little "spring maintenance" and noticed this issue. Never noticed it before so I'm thinking the hose has 'fatigued' and is now collapsing.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix? I've trimmed both sides and fiddled with the hose for about 2 hours to no avail. There is a fair amount of vacuum and it just can't deal with it.

Appreciate any guidance or suggestions...

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Krazed1

I thought I read that Scott said this was normal .The hose only needs to allow air when pressure is passing through it. I am no expert though ,Where are all the techies ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Krazed1

I thought I read that Scott said this was normal .The hose only needs to allow air when pressure is passing through it. I am no expert though ,Where are all the techies ?
Hopefully out enjoying their cars :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Krazed1

Well...

In the process of trying to get that hose not to collapse, I made a hash of the original hose. I have an email in Softronics to see about getting a new one. I did notice that at some point, the hose was modified from the version I received. There are a couple of steel bands on this hose, right at the point where mine was collapsing...these aren't on the hose I received...

We'll see what the good folks at Softronics can do for me...

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Krazed1

Bummer :( I would also call softronics on monday if it were me ,these darn hoses .I had to use some different hoseclamps on mine when I installed the SRP ,the factory ones did not look tight enough to me ,Maybe I will check mine today as well.good luck and keep us posted:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts