Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i do not know if its just us, or is it general, but reaching TPC (by phone) and getting decent information is not a straight forward task (talking to Tom). i try the forum, if its any better.

i would like to order an upgrade to my stage 1 kit. either 2 or 3 depending on the upgrade price and installation length. i would need the upgrade prices and the differences between the upgrades (list of parts, needed amount of labour)

please advise me,

ps: mind my engilsh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no luck with the forum as far as i can see. anybody know a way to reach TPC reliably?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Been trying to get info from them for weeks. I'm done, will not spend any money with them unless I absolutely have to!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I don't know why you are having a problem. TPC is certainly open. Whenever I've called (and it's been a bunch of times, most recently last week), I've gotten through to Tom, Harris, or Michael and they've been quite responsive and helpful. During the GT3 Cup Challenge racing season Michael can be literally "off to the races" and difficult to reach. However, Tom is usually at the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why you are having a problem. TPC is certainly open. Whenever I've called (and it's been a bunch of times, most recently last week), I've gotten through to Tom, Harris, or Michael and they've been quite responsive and helpful. During the GT3 Cup Challenge racing season Michael can be literally "off to the races" and difficult to reach. However, Tom is usually at the shop.
we called them and all we got was "i do not know" when we asked for stage2 stage3 prices, their differences. no luck here on the forum as well.
i am amazed how are they selling products.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm baffled about that too. When I first bought my car I called them and asked if I give them the vin could they tell me about the kit, when it was installed, what was installed, what version, etc. All I got was 'we don't know, ship us the car so we can look at'. I can call any place I've ever had an oil change done and they can tell me what they did, when they did it, how much it cost, they could probably even tell me the weather that day. These guys did major modifications to this car and they are clueless. It's a shame because they have other products I want but at this point I refuse to do business with them.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I have been out of the office for over a week taking care of personal matters but do know that Tom and a new member of our team Jordan were here to answer phones and Tom was definitely answering emails. We have 4 lines here at TPC Racing and we never ignore a call. If someone answers and takes a message we return the messages in the order that they were placed on our desks. I cannot post pricing on the forum, but if you would like to email me at [email protected] I am more than happy to assist with price info to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 or 3. Tom knows this information as well.

I am sorry to hear that people have been having this experience trying to reach us.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I'm baffled about that too. When I first bought my car I called them and asked if I give them the vin could they tell me about the kit, when it was installed, what was installed, what version, etc. All I got was 'we don't know, ship us the car so we can look at'. I can call any place I've ever had an oil change done and they can tell me what they did, when they did it, how much it cost, they could probably even tell me the weather that day. These guys did major modifications to this car and they are clueless. It's a shame because they have other products I want but at this point I refuse to do business with them.
We do not keep a history of cars by the VIN but rather by the clients name. I will not be able to give you any invoices from the previous owner unless they tell us we can release them to you, but it would be helpful for us to know who originally had it so we can see if we remember the car. Also, it would be helpful if you could explain what was done to the car or what it has on it. If you have looked under the car and see that there is an intercooler located on the passenger side toward the rear, that means that the car most likely has our Stage 2 turbo kit and if it has a boost controller in the cabin and after market headers, then it is stage 3. If you would like to give me a call, I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to what you might have on your car and also the price for each kit and other modifications.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've had a difference experience with TPC, I also brought mine used with the TPC turbo already installed, but I have talked to the previous owner and know his name, he is also a forum member. When I called and said so and so's TPC turbo, Tom knew exactly what I was talking about, he knew this was the 2nd 997 with the turbo kit and how it was setup. I had failed emissions and he knew this was installed w/o cats, request from the previous owner. Tom send me some cats free of charge, I did not expect this nor do I expect him to send free cats to future owners. He was helpful with the installation and also help me route my blow by air back into the crankcase. He drew up a diagram to make it easier for me to understand. I have nothing but great things to say about TPC. The best part, my turbo still runs flawlessly after 5 years. I've taken my 997 to the dealer and Indy, both mechanics asked me where I got mine installed, they were impressed with the installation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been out of the office for over a week taking care of personal matters but do know that Tom and a new member of our team Jordan were here to answer phones and Tom was definitely answering emails. We have 4 lines here at TPC Racing and we never ignore a call. If someone answers and takes a message we return the messages in the order that they were placed on our desks. I cannot post pricing on the forum, but if you would like to email me at [email protected] I am more than happy to assist with price info to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 or 3. Tom knows this information as well.

I am sorry to hear that people have been having this experience trying to reach us.
hi Harris,

thanx for the answer. i have the same questions as i had on the phone. please refer to the beginning of this topic. a detailed answer is appreciated. (my car is the black cayman which is in hungary)

ty,

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
hi Harris,

thanx for the answer. i have the same questions as i had on the phone. please refer to the beginning of this topic. a detailed answer is appreciated. (my car is the black cayman which is in hungary)

ty,

PM sent. I cannot post price info on the forums as a sponsor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts