Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an endeavour to stop the rattle my 987 Cayman rear luggage area was suffering, my mechanic very kindly glued two pieces of rubber to the stainless-steel panel which runs between the wheel arches adjacent to the engine cover. Sadly this did not work, and I cannot remove the glue - and yes, on calming down I could have cheerfully …

Anyway, I would like to remove the panel and take it to a metal finishing shop to have them polish or whatever the glue off.

Does anyone know how to remove the stainless steel panel without disassembling the car?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
If it is that silver piece that covers the edge above the truck luggage area (right above the oil/water access), it is plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

Yes, that is the piece, and I take your word for it that it is plastic, as the Auto Atlanta diagram and associated parts number says it is stainless steel.

Do you have any idea of the process to take it out?

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,784 Posts
Pry straight up all around it. There are several spring clips that hold it in place all around the perimeter. It may take more force than you feel comfortable applying, but it will release.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Pry straight up all around it. There are several spring clips that hold it in place all around the perimeter. It may take more force than you feel comfortable applying, but it will release.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Watch this first.
<iframe width="695" height="391" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Watch this first.
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
located.
Watch this first.
Pretty sure that's not the piece the OP was referring too. It's the plastic one in the trunk where the oil and coolant fills are.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts