Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I tried to start my car this morning the engine kept turning over and I could smell gas. Then it flashed visit engine workshop. I tried again and it started but was missing at first and had a lot of exhaust smoke. I let idle for a few minutes and everthing was fine and drove the car about 25 miles no problem no codes or check engine. I had washed the car Friday and pulled it back in the garage and hadn't started it till today. Any have any ideas what could cause this I am going to try to start it again this afternoon and see what happens. Sorry for the long post

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I have found that when the car sits for a period of time then it is started that it will run rough and exhibit smoke for some time until upto op temp.This i have discovered is "normal for a flat six motor.Also like K-Man said something could have gotten a little wet.With todays hi-tek computer controls things are so inter-dependent that one small hiccup can have an effect greater than its intended original function.It can be disconcerting at first expererince leading one to believe that something major is wrong.Fear not.My guess would be that after running the car for a few miles it will clear it out......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts