Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was helping a friend install a stereo last night in a 2014 black 981 Cayman. After routing the wires though the grommet below the wiper motor I noticed creases on the top of the drivers side fender. My friend was leaning his forearms on top fender while working in the frunk. This caused 4 fender creaes from the outside to inside of the top of the fender. I pointed it out to him and he was ready to cry. The creases are super obvious on black paint. I have been working under the hoods of cars for 45+ years and I have never witnessed a fender bending in by simply leaning on it. My friend agrees. The 987 Cayman would not bend because the fender bulges with it's curvature giving strength to the steel. A good lesson learned because soon I am about to change out my stereo also. So now he has to get PDR paint less dent removal to massage out the creases.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have also been there and done that, and it truly depends on how bad the dents are. Dents ON creases are super difficult to remove....so... we'll see if your dent guy can do it. Whats good about porsche paint is that it is thick and sturdy, so the dent guy will have an easier time massaging the metal without worrying so much about the paint chipping

1 - 3 of 3 Posts