Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Sounds like a road that hasn't been resurfaced in awhile. I imagine you have found ruts in the lanes. I 've found this to be more pronounced in areas that allow studs in the winter months. Just a guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have experienced the same thing on I-10 in Houston. What happens is that the road is constructed in sections. When it is finished they stripe it so that one lane straddles the two sections. This results in having the left wheels on one section and the right wheels on the other. Each section is smoothed and leveled differently thus each side of the car is affected differently. It can be a pain in the ***. (gee this thing is self editing. I feel like mom is watching me type)

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Ive not noticed this and have driven that way many times. its probably the specific tires. Or your car just wanting you to go back to Vegas.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's just the Vegas roads trying to shake the last bit of change from your pockets. :hilarious:

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,901 Posts
Ive not noticed this and have driven that way many times. its probably the specific tires. Or your car just wanting you to go back to Vegas.
:hilarious:

good so im not the only one that has that problem. its very dangerous if someone is new to that road and is speeding he can easily lose control and crash.
who would be responsible for this the city or the state?
The driver.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As the Michelin tires wear on these cars, the treadblocks lose a lot of their "squirminess". You'll find that they'll even shudder a little bit when you crank to full-lock while their cold and are creeping out of a parking spot.

I'd imagine that this would exacerbate their tendency to tramline, even if it would be better for performance in general.

For the record, however, I haven't noticed any real tramlining tendencies in my car with the stock Michelins on 18" wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had the same problem. I jump back and fourth from LA to Vegas often. That left lane can be a booger. The groves they have cut are nasty. They run the length of the lane not across the lane. My Michelins and the left lane don't get along.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't worry about it its the road. I did the vegas run when I had my cs about two weeks. ( before I knew about plant 9). And I know, and did the exact same thing, Panic 'd. The only difference is I went to a tire shop in the middle of butt ---k egypt and had them looking around for an hour and, a hundred dollar balancing bill. Worse than that for 3 more hours I had to think the wheels were going to fall off. Do you have 19"s. Sorry to hear about your trama. But also nice that someone else went through that without thinking I was nuts.... what a small world..... Thats pretty funny, after that nightmare I have never driven the c.s. there again..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.