Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the leather on my sport design steering wheel in carrera red full leather in my 2013 981S has a 3 1/2 inch long by 1/2 inch wide gouge in at at the 9 o'clock position, exactly where you place your left hand. there are many superficial defects in the leather. my friendly dealer did this when they had the car for service. they owned up to damaging the steering wheel and said they will fix it. I am concerned that if they fill and spray the damaged area the repair will be subject to flaking and not be durable due to the wear and tear due to the location. Of course i want the steering wheel replaced but I am sure they will want me to accept the band aid repair. Anyone repair their steering wheel by spraying the damaged area and if so was the repair durable?
the leather has a matte finish on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would suggest you stick to your guns, New wheel! If the dealer does not agree then contact the East (or West) cost main office and explain what happened and why you believe a new wheel is warranted given the circumstances. Good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would push for a new steering wheel. However, if the dealer insists on refinishing the damaged wheel, you should INSIST on total restoration to like new condition AND a one/two year guaranty.

Contacting Porsche NA is of no use as the dealer has admitted fault and is offering to fix at no cost to you.

Hope it all works out for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.