Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about replacing my steering wheel with the tiptronic controls for one without since Im not really a big fan of it. Has anyone done this? and what types of codes should I expect...most likely Ill ask the dealership to do the replacement. any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don't have the answers to your question, but I thought I mention that maybe you can switch to a wheel with the paddle shifters that probably won't generate any codes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, thats a big move because, pretty much you would be eliminating the ability to control, last second, gear changes with both hands. I think either you wait or take the advise of switching to the paddles. that would defiantly fix your problem without limiting your choices. If your a new owner, in time you'll really what to have that ability there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep...I had the cayman for almost a week now and I think I will be following your advice :) I took it on a drive from portland to the bay area and back and you do need that ability to shift quick fast and in a hurry...frakkin semi trucks all over the place on hwy 5 :)

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I was about to say, why bother with the expense and potential technical problems and decreased resale value? If you don't like the tiptronic controls simply don't use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts