Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last year i installed a 991 GT3 RS wheel on my 981 CS. Im now selling the car and me and the buyer can to an agreement where ill have a warranty put on the car to get around the 90 day new owner rule.

The car is going in on wednesday at Nurnberg OPC, but any thoughts as to whether you think this will trip up the 111 point check?

Ill keep the thread updated for future, but any predictions welcome. One would assume this classes as a modification and would be a problem. This Porsche center did reset the airbag light during the last service as i had to move the car without the airbag installed.

Heres an image in case anyone was wondering how it looks:

·
Premium Member
34,227 Posts
I would think the act of having the air bag reset would demonstrate that the safety component of your change is valid. I am not a lawyer or a trained mechanic. Personally I was considering the 991 GT steering wheel on my car, not quite as nice as yours but it has some options I like, so if you are willing to share that would be great. Hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi all, quick update. the Dealer noticed a communication error when running a diagnostic on the car. Caused by the wheel, this means a warranty would not be possible.

For anyone wanting to do the swap in the future:

Overall bolt off bolt on affair, I bought the wheel without harness and airbag off of eBay here in Germany, then I had to order an airbag (the hardest part) and a wiring harness - 95B971388B

Could the harness be part of the problem?, Maybe but the tech said the problem is the ECU recognises the wheel as a new model.

Tom

To anyone interested (Germany) this wheel will be available for sale as the buyer of the car has arranged a sports wheel to be installed for the warranty - 16.07.20

1 - 3 of 3 Posts