Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Cayman and this is the third time I have had problems with the steering wheel showing wear. Dealership fixed the first time, replaced the second time and within a couple of months wheel is wearing in the same place. Dealership says it is because I wear rings...please.
Any comments? I am going back to the dealership soon. Should I bite the bullet and just buy a steering wheel cover?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
How many miles do put on before having this problem? I personally haven't seen or heard of this issue but then again, I only a little over 15k. :)

-Moto

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
I think you are luckly they replaced a worn item the first time. Better get a cover or something.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think you are luckly they replaced a worn item the first time. Better get a cover or something.
I think the same too. And if you ARE wearing rings, you could easily compare their location to the damage location to confirm!

·
Registered
160 Posts
On my 2007 Cayman S the steering showed wear and marks...I wear no rings...to me it way typical of most of the interest except those spots covered with optional factory leather....it was seemed very cheapo....my new 2009 Cayman seems much better quality...while its too early to tell the materials look and feel much more substantial...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts