Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is my first post I believe and its probably a dumb question.
Every time I put the key in the stereo comes on even though I turn it off..
I can't find a setting for this and I don't have memory seat etc. Really appreciate any help.
Only had her for a couple of months. Best car ever.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
When you say “turn it off” do you mean press the volume knob in and mute it, or do you mean you press and hold that knob for 5 seconds until the screen blanks out and the unit turns off?

Unfortunately the stock units don’t remember that you muted the head unit. But if you turn them completely off they should stay off.

Many folks put their unit on AUX prior to shutting off the car. It seems to remember that and hence will not automatically play anything when you turn it on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Many folks put their unit on AUX prior to shutting off the car. It seems to remember that and hence will not automatically play anything when you turn it on.
This. When I got my car I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why this wasn't working, confident that I was doing something wrong, surely this couldn't be the design. But nope, it is. I now pretty much use the Aux button as my mute. And I only have the stereo on when I'm driving around town, waiting at a light, etc. I have the Bose setup, and even that is kind of pointless at any speed, the inside of the car is just too loud. In a good way :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts