Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you build a Cayman, are you pretty much paying MSRP for all options you wanted? Is there any negotiating price?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer stated early on that they would take 4% off MSRP across the board on a new order. I didn't really negotiate beyond that because I have other things to do. If buying off the lot or used I assume there is a lot more room for negotiation. Id say go for 4% at least .. or drive to Delaware. Our dealership is great.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you build a Cayman, are you pretty much paying MSRP for all options you wanted? Is there any negotiating price?
I ordered a CS optioned to about 75K, and got 4% off, but I really had to work my mojo. Here in So. Cal. there are several dealers to buy from and I thought I would have save a little more, but my negotiating skills may not be the best.
When I bought my wife's BMW 535i we used a broker. It was painless and a good deal. The Porsche dealers really frowned on having a broker in the mix.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
sure you can negotiate, ask around. I did this, several dealership told me to go pound sand but I found one with the right attitude. Look at it this way, it's easy money for the dealership...you walk in and order (I called mine in over the phone)...they place the order for you and you wait, really how difficult is that? They make money and it doen't have to go against their floor plan. Shop around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Where are ...

you located?
I live in El Centro, Ca. The closest dealership for me is Desert European Motorcars in Rancho Mirage, CA and Pioneer Centres in San Diego, Ca. San Diego seems to be the most helpful, but we didn't touch bases on bottom line price.
I'm pretty sure that I've made up my mind on wanting Cocoa interior, but I'm struggling in my mind between paint colors. I like both silvers and meteor gray. The struggle is that I think the silvers are a tad light and the meteor gray is slightly darker than I desirer. I want to perfect paint color to match a set of black HRE 19” rims I have my eye on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
When i was debating on building vs. buying off the lot, one of the local Socal dealers offered me 3% over invoice on a next month build slot. Guess it just depends on your local market and how much work you're willing to put in to find the best deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When i was debating on building vs. buying off the lot, one of the local Socal dealers offered me 3% over invoice on a next month build slot. Guess it just depends on your local market and how much work you're willing to put in to find the best deal.
Which dealer? I've been looking around the SoCal region for a dealer to buy from! :O

·
Registered
50 Posts
3% over invoice? Would you mind sharing which dealer? Thank you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glen Fagin - BH Porsche. While I've read some not so great things about them as a dealership, the contact I had with him was very good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Planet 9 does not allow any solicitations from any dealerships. But after reading the boards I noticed my name mentioned :banana: by one of the many happy and satisfied customers that I work for. If you would like to contact me I can be found at BH Porsche and have a better allocation than most to get you want you want!

:thanks:,

Glen Fagin
Fleet Manager

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Planet 9 does not allow any solicitations from any dealerships. But after reading the boards I noticed my name mentioned :banana: by one of the many happy and satisfied customers that I work for. If you would like to contact me I can be found at BH Porsche and have a better allocation than most to get you want you want!

:thanks:,

Glen Fagin
Fleet Manager
Uh Glen we've been through this before, you cannot advertise here without becoming a sponsor. Your response above is clearly a solicitation to have our members contact you about purchasing a car. Is your post an indication that BHP is now willing to become a sponsor? Otherwise your post will be deleted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts