Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Which Exhaust Do You Have

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been many threads regarding aftermarket exhaust systems and I was wondering how many of you have kept their stock unit, will be adding a system in the next 6 months and who has one already installed...to take it further, I have added a poll to the many aftermarket systems available...if I did list one that you have just put it in the other category...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I chose other, I have a recently installed Agency Power exhaust from the Vivid Racing 50% off deal. Great exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Just had a Borla prototype installed on my 987.2 today. So far so good. The sound above 3000RPM is melodious.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Just had a Borla prototype installed on my 987.2 today. So far so good. The sound above 3000RPM is melodious.
Protopipes?

Cool.;)

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I would think that adding TPC is appropriate just so that the "OTHER", is better defined.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Shouldn't SpeedArt also include FVD Brombacher/M&M, as they are effectively the same? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I voted SpeedArt but still have the factory exhaust. Should have it next month. My Gen 2 will probably be one of the last on the order.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Still stock, letting everyone else experiment before I make up my mind;)
Absolutely do not want any droning or excessive noise in the cabin. But would like the performance increase. When warranty is run out will get more serious about the mods including exhaust and SRP. Nothing too over the top, but enough to get me up to about 320 and maintain engine integrity (if that's possible).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nothing too over the top, but enough to get me up to about 320 and maintain engine integrity (if that's possible).
Simple. You only need one mod and it will not void your warranty. Get an 09 ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Buy Effexor

Waste of money IMO, Porsche makes a great exhaust system without any annoying rattles, resonance, crooked pipes, etc.

Yes over the years I have tried several.....all a waste of money and annoying.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just had the AWE removed (5 months old) and had the Speedart installed. My wife thinks I am starting a muffler shop!

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had the AWE removed (5 months old) and had the Speedart installed. My wife thinks I am starting a muffler shop!
:hilarious: afteer having the Borla installed, as I took the stock system to the garage attic, (up a 10 foot ladder) my wife said the same thing!!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Re: Buy Effexor

Waste of money IMO, Porsche makes a great exhaust system without any annoying rattles, resonance, crooked pipes, etc.
And no performance boost either.

Yes over the years I have tried several.....all a waste of money and annoying.
Which ones have you tried? I'm curious to see which brands have made you so jaded.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Although tame (sound level) in retrospect to other brands, I have been moderately pleased with my full Milltek headers/exhaust system. Sad that this goes under "other." Wasn't it one of the first systems available for the Cayman S?

·
Registered
169 Posts
So, does it drone? the reply from vivid suggests not much. What is your experience?
Let me first ask you and others, what is your definition of the drone in your experience and are you confusing this with an increase of the decibels due to a more free flowing naturally louder aftermarket exhaust? They are designed to be this way, if louder all the time is not your preference, that is why Porsche has a Sport button as an option for you to buy with your car. Turn it off for daily driving. My prerequisite for the drone opinion on aftermarket is that you have you opened your OEM cross pipe from a 5mm gap to completely open. Is it the mysterious 2-3K overwhelming deafening sound you have heard for you to judge by? A completely open cross pipe sound exhaust mod is what I consider drone. Too loud, deafening, a sudden jump of sound during the 2-3K rpm range, you know, a bad long highway commute where highway cruising just happens to be at 3K rpm, keeping you constantly downshifting to raise the rpm cruising level above 3K rpm, when talking to your passengers is annoying difficult, that is my definition of drone from experience, not just what I've read about. I certainly do not hear that from the Agency Power exhaust, to me it's drone free. Yes, it's a louder in-cabin experience at lower rpm and at full throttle, it's a different animal much higher screaming F1 exhaust note, and you have to consider and expect this you since you are installing an aftermarket performance exhaust from OEM. In conclusion, the Agency Power exhaust has absolutely no surprising drone, I'd call it a mildly purr for city driving and more like a roaring beast at full throttle! Listen for yourself, Chad has a great video review.

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...24-loving-my-agency-power-exhaust-review.html

:crazy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts