Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my local Porsche dealer to look around, after enjoying the talks and cars, went to my car and see that it's gone...I didn't lock it, and sunroof open, a quiet Wednesday evening around 7pm. I Immediately informed the associate and requested him to call the police, and if he could view any security cameras. The associate also calls the owner as this has never happened even with their cars.
I check my phone for Tile, as I have one in the car, and the app shows it is nearby!? Explaining to the associate he quickly checked the service bay and called me back, "is this it"? A just washed and cleaned, black 991. Yes it's mine, as the two attendants assigned to wash a Cayenne look confused.
When asked how they started my car? The key for the Cayenne started it! When I locked the car the Cayenne key would not work! My car is equipped with the Porsche Entry & Drive system. Sharing the experience, and an insight into a security breach.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Stopped by my local Porsche dealer to look around, after enjoying the talks and cars, went to my car and see that it's gone...I didn't lock it, and sunroof open, a quiet Wednesday evening around 7pm. I Immediately informed the associate and requested him to call the police, and if he could view any security cameras. The associate also calls the owner as this has never happened even with their cars.
I check my phone for Tile, as I have one in the car, and the app shows it is nearby!? Explaining to the associate he quickly checked the service bay and called me back, "is this it"? A just washed and cleaned, black 991. Yes it's mine, as the two attendants assigned to wash a Cayenne look confused.
When asked how they started my car? The key for the Cayenne started it! When I locked the car the Cayenne key would not work! My car is equipped with the Porsche Entry & Drive system. Sharing the experience, and an insight into a security breach.
I bet your heart skipped a few beats !

I may have to put a Tile in my car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You said you didn't lock the doors.
So maybe the key in your pocket was still in range of the "entry & drive" sensor? so when the valet got in, he was able to just start the car using the "entry and drive" keystub already in the ignition, and drive off

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I bet your heart skipped a few beats !

I may have to put a Tile in my car.
Tile only works when it is in Bluetooth range of your (or another tile owner's) phone. So it's not a good substitute for Lojack. I only attach it to something I'm likely to forget or misplace, never thought of hiding one in my Porsche.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My key is on its last leg for a new battery, as I have gotten a few "key not found" even when it's in my pocket...and it was parked near the service bay area, a little distance from the show room that I was in. I tested the distance again in the service bay, the Cayenne key only works when the car is unlocked.
Yes, I experienced my car stolen and for a moment got present to what was important to me, my other glasses and my wallet...but at the end we all felt grateful, the associate because I didn't complain and have an upset and the two workers who would have lost their jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts