Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

What color air bag for Stone Grey interior but black steering wheel.

• Stone Grey

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Black

Votes: 13 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Just as someone previously had gone through the dilemma of making interior color alterations to break up some of the monotone color, I too have decided to do something about it though not quite as drastic. I have Stone Grey interior and just recently purchased a black sport steering wheel. The question is, should I stick with the Stone Grey airbag or should I go with the black?

My intention is to just leave it at that and not make any additional interior changes as much as I would like. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
-Moto

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
To be honest, I couldn't believe that this post is for real! I thought it was posted by a newbie...

In short, if you get into an accident (God forbid) why would you care what color is the airbag being inflated?!! You should have much more things to worry about then!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess I'd need to see a picture. My first thought would be to match the interior.

·
Registered
565 Posts
To be honest, I couldn't believe that this post is for real! I thought it was posted by a newbie...

In short, if you get into an accident (God forbid) why would you care what color is the airbag being inflated?!! You should have much more things to worry about then!
Hey, man. Ya gotta look good ALL the time. :hilarious:
I think he might be talkin' about the airbag cover. :)

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:hilarious:

Thanks everyone for your responses. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. This would definitely help in the decision making.

I'm kind of surprised that people are gravitating more towards the Stone Grey instead of the black airbag cover :). I was originally thinking black was the obvious choice. Maybe not so obvious anymore.

-Moto

·
Registered
309 Posts
+1 for Stone Gray

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I'm glad I had everyone to enjoy a good laugh... because seriously, I was upset to read your question the way I understood it.

At first I was laughing thinking it came from a newbie who usually come out of nowhere with a ridiculous question or two then disappear for good. But then when I found you're no a newbie, I got upset that we Porsche owners are reaching a level of shallowness up to such extent that we care about the color of the airbag hanging out of the steering after an accident to match the interior of the car!

Glad it got sorted out...

May we all never get to see the airbags of our cars or any sort of accident, AMEN!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have a stone grey interior. After seeing a nice black alcantara steering wheel on Ebay I contemplated the same change and thought about how the wheel would look in the car.

I think all black would appear to be an afterthought, while black with a grey center would seem more integrated. A black gear knob and e-brake handle would nicely complement the contrasting theme.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate everyone's input. At the end of the day, I decided to stick with the monotone color as I agree with others that if I went with black I would have to make some additional changes to make it all look integrated. And going with gray is questionable as I just can't picture it.

As a side note, since I still wanted a sport steering wheel, I decided to go with ordering a flat bottom one from DCT Motor Sports Carbon Fiber, Alcantara, wood-leather Sport steering wheels for Porsche Mercedes Benz BMW Audi Ferrari. Since I get to keep my current air bag, overall, it would only be slightly more expensive. Once I get it and installed, I'll post a review but so far so good. Customer service has been great.

-Moto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts