Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having relocated in the spring to a new house, I've now got a 2 1/2 car garage instead of a 3 car garage. The 981 will fit on the 1/2 portion but getting it into position will be difficult.
I've seen adds for the wheel dollys that allow you to move the car around by hand and it looks like it might work.

Can anyone recommend a particular wheel dolly product that they've have used for a winter storage application?
Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2 car garage but have a ceiling height of 10’4”
I added a BenPak lift and can now store my 96 Benz on top and have room for my 18 Porsche underneath Next to it my 16 GLE Mercedes
Works great for me
.Just a thought

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2 car garage but have a ceiling height of 10’4”
I added a BenPak lift and can now store my 96 Benz on top and have room for my 18 Porsche underneath Next to it my 16 GLE Mercedes
Works great for me
.Just a thought
I wish; my garage ceiling is about 8 1/2 feet so the lift storage won't work.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Thought about this a bit, the wheel lifts that pinch together look like the easiest but more expensive option but I worry about long term effect on the tire, instead of flat spots, you will have 2 indents in the tire... I suppose that it depends on how long it sits on these. The tray style is a little more work to use, are significantly cheaper and would be kinder to the tires!

The 4-post lift looks cool as long as you have the height and don't mind it being in the way all of the time, where I could use one is actually a shop, not just a garage so it would be in the way all of the time.

:2cents:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Then again you could get a set of winter wheels and snow tires and use your Porsche on the nice weather days throughout the winter, instead of storing it. Lots more fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts