Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to get opinions on stripe kits. My concern is how long they would typically last before they start to peel, fade, etc. and if they ruin the paint underneath?

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting because I was thinking about a Porsche Windshield banner. From the companies I have looked at it seems to be 5-7 years that they will last.
My concern is the affect it will have on the paint underneath if the stripes have to be removed. Will it look darker/lighter than the rest of the car paint? Windshield, not so much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not the paint under the stripes that the problem. The paint not covered will fade / oxidize. You will need to polish the whole car to make it look like where the stripes were.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Disagree with comments above. If you take care of your paint, which most car enthusiasts do, there's very little to no risk applying stripes or decals long term. Others can chime in on longevity but I've had no problem with mine on different vehicles for several years and absolutely no sign they were there, once removed and a quick detail done.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was thinking of a pseudo Martini livery myself. Red and dark blue over the Miami Blue hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.