Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I think they look nice. I prefer the rear strip style over the front though and if it were mine I'd duplicate the rear onto the front. What really matters is if you like them. Don't let the Debbie Downers discourage you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you like them it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If they're ambivalent they clearly don't have your vision. :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I love em! But I'm a guy who just bought a 991.2 Endurance Racing Edition (have you seen one? Probably not because only 73 were imported into the US. This is my 10th Porsche since 1970, and it's the first "rare" Porsche I've owned. There is no way to hide my 911 with these decals. I love it.
Some folks want a Porsche that nobody notices. Others like Porsche's racing heritage and want visual reminders of that on our Porsches. This all depends on your experiences in life and maybe where you live today. e.g., if you are a surgeon in a depressed part of Appalachia, you might not want a flashy Porsche with stripes on it that stand out. If you grew up poor like me and now living in relatively wealthy burbs with an active PCA Region and lots of car events, and you are a devoted Porsche addict - it's your passion and maybe a garage queen like mine in retirement - only used for sunny day blasts and car events, then a Porsche with stripes is the best of all worlds.
Some Porsche owners have little brand passion. It's just a nice car for everyday driving. Or they don't want any flash.
Different strokes for different folks!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I so agree, PCA1983! This car has always made me feel like a hooligan. Now the stripes make me look a little more like one too. The stripes do to the styling what the 3.8 liter flat six and sport exhaust do to the car's soundtrack. Revving the engine always makes the hair stand up on the back of my head! I can only imagine what it feels like to drive your Endurance Racing Edition!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think they look nice. I prefer the rear strip style over the front though and if it were mine I'd duplicate the rear onto the front. What really matters is if you like them. Don't let the Debbie Downers discourage you. Enjoy.
I like the rear better as well.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I love em! But I'm a guy who just bought a 991.2 Endurance Racing Edition (have you seen one? Probably not because only 73 were imported into the US. This is my 10th Porsche since 1970, and it's the first "rare" Porsche I've owned. There is no way to hide my 911 with these decals. I love it.
Some folks want a Porsche that nobody notices. Others like Porsche's racing heritage and want visual reminders of that on our Porsches. This all depends on your experiences in life and maybe where you live today. e.g., if you are a surgeon in a depressed part of Appalachia, you might not want a flashy Porsche with stripes on it that stand out. If you grew up poor like me and now living in relatively wealthy burbs with an active PCA Region and lots of car events, and you are a devoted Porsche addict - it's your passion and maybe a garage queen like mine in retirement - only used for sunny day blasts and car events, then a Porsche with stripes is the best of all worlds.
Some Porsche owners have little brand passion. It's just a nice car for everyday driving. Or they don't want any flash.
Different strokes for different folks!!

I love that model and it's graphic package... :) Congrats!

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it actually looks quite subtle and nice! If it was any more in 'your face' or brighter in color I'd rethink it but as it is, I actually like it a lot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would LOVE to celebrate the Porsche racing heritage in my Boxster, but alas it is only a base model and doesn't really have much punch to back up a loud exterior. I love the stripes, I agree they are too subtle. I don't even want to put an exhaust on my car because I'm afraid of attracting the attention and then getting smoked by larger HP vehicles. As it is now, I attract all kinds of hot hatches trying to race me.

·
Vendor
6,488 Posts
Stripes are good!

I added DIY stripes this year too!

I might go even wider next year. It protects the hood and bumper very well. No road rush on vinyl at all.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would LOVE to celebrate the Porsche racing heritage in my Boxster, but alas it is only a base model and doesn't really have much punch to back up a loud exterior. I love the stripes, I agree they are too subtle. I don't even want to put an exhaust on my car because I'm afraid of attracting the attention and then getting smoked by larger HP vehicles. As it is now, I attract all kinds of hot hatches trying to race me.
You worry too much. Drive it and make it your own. Who cares what others think. And there’ll always be cars with more power, no matter which model, and people who challenge you because it’s a Porsche. I just ignore them and let them look like fools. They’re usually the ones on YouTube losing control and jumping a curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,488 Posts
Spyder is pretty good base to start with! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts