Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a large exotic car gathering today in Edgewater, NJ for a run up to Bear Mountain. Some amazing cars were there, but unfortunately no Caymans.

Hopefully I'll be able to change that by the end of theyear!

Enjoy the pictures:

http://www.pbase.com/pistolpete13/2006_summer_exotic_run

-Pete

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Oh man Pete! Ya' gotta post this stuff BEFORE the event. I totally would have represented for the Cayman folks. The wife and kids are in Scotland and I'm a bachelor with nothing to do but fish and hit golf balls. A run up to Bear Mountain today would have rocked!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm normally on a bunch of other forums like audiworld, ferrarichat or 6speedonline. This area in Cayman club is normally so quiet. Hopefully we can change that!

I see that you're from CT, do you have any recommendations about the Danbury or Fairfield Porsche dealerships? I've only been to Danbury and they seem like good people.

-Pete

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
PP13,

I've had no dealings with Danbury, but the Fairfield dealer was our main Mercedes and Audi dealer for a number of years after we moved out here from New York Sh*tty. They used to be really good for sales, service, and general support but a couple of years back the dealership group changed ownership and the new guy made a mess of things. All our relaible service managers and salespeople fled to other dealerships and service started becoming a rip-off machine. Our Audi sales guy did stay but became REALLY uncompetitive on pricing so we take our bidness to Greenwich now (which I must say is only OK because they have WAY too many fat cat trust fund customers too appreciate the hard working bootstrap stiffs who demand a bargain). That being said New Country Audi and Porsche were nice enough, and my sales guys Ralph (Audi) and Aldo (Porsche) were pretty good, just know your Ps and Qs.

/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Now comes the fun part of visiting dealerships and getting down to business.

My first color choice of Seal Gray is no longer an option and has been replaced by Meteor Gray. Now my only excuse to wait is that I need to see this in person before jumping in with both feet.

It's been tough to wrap my mind around spending so much $$$ (for me) on a two seat car. My first and current car is a 1998 Audi A4 2.8 (black paint, never again!) that I've been very happy with. I've particpated in two DE events the last year at Lime Rock and Watkins Glen and I've gotten hooked. It does OK on the track and can do a lot better sincethe driver still need a lot of work! I plan to keep the A4 for familty/winter driving.

I work in the city nad only get to drive on the weekend. I only have 40K miles on the A4. If I get two cars, I guess one will need to be used on Saturday and another on Sunday!

-Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts