Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in the Bay Area, my girlfriend and I go for a quick weekend hike quite often, and since the roads leading up to the trails are obviously often quite fun, we take the Porsche. This means that after every such trip, there are very visible sun block stains from both of us on mostly seats and door trim.

I mostly just wipe it away with water, and it seems to do a fine job. But I have a few concerns: Does the sun block do anything bad to the materials, or can I wipe it away whenever?

I sometimes wonder whether the uneven UV blocking from the sun block would create a fading pattern while the car sits out in the sun, but that seems rather paranoid, even for a convertible. Most of the time, the car is either in my garage at home or in my workplace's parking lot, but usually with a sunshade up in the window.

My second concern is whether the stuff will eventually clog all those holes in the leather seats that I think mostly exist for the seat ventilation to work.

So, any recommendations on how to clean sunblock off my interior, and whether I should do it early on? The car is meant to be driven, so avoiding exposure is not really an option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the seat material leather? Try Shine Supply Leather Cleaner. Any ph balanced interior cleaner or all purpose cleaner should work for the trim. We use Shine Supply products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.