Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Actually, my drivers side visor started to rattle a little bit, and since I never once needed to move the visor to the driver window, I put the visor clip to where it was before. The passenger visor is still able to swing out, though, and I can swing it out to within 2 inches of the side window and it doesn?t block any forward vision. My wife has never had a need to swing the visor out either ? and we live in Southern California. The visor does rub against the convertible top support piece and keeps it from moving completely to the side.

· Registered
3,595 Posts
I wish I could buy an aftermarket device to get real visors for my 981 B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
956 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the 981 Boxster? I did find part 991731341041E0 (visor clip for 911/Cayman). It looks like I could just replace the original clip with this one and it would allow the visor to unclip and pivot. I assume Porsche made the visor fixed so it wouldn't interfere with the folding top, but I would really like a pivoting visor because - sun. Does the 981 have the same travel interference problem with the roof as the 718? I can't visualize what might interfere with the pivoting, but I don't believe there is much (if any) difference between the roof in the 718 and 981. Can someone who has tried this take a picture?

· Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the 981 Boxster? I did find part 991731341041E0 (visor clip for 911/Cayman). It looks like I could just replace the original clip with this one and it would allow the visor to unclip and pivot. I assume Porsche made the visor fixed so it wouldn't interfere with the folding top, but I would really like a pivoting visor because - sun. Does the 981 have the same travel interference problem with the roof as the 718? I can't visualize what might interfere with the pivoting, but I don't believe there is much (if any) difference between the roof in the 718 and 981. Can someone who has tried this take a picture?
Hello. Sorry to bump this post, but I was wondering if you tried out that Cayman clip for your Boxster. Of course, I didn't know and broke my driver side one thinking it can turn to the side a few years ago and my OCD is catching on and want to get this fix somehow since its really the only thing that is broken. Please let me know what you did! Thank you.

· Registered
269 Posts
You can get the visor to unclip on your Boxster easily. Just dismantle the clip section and you'll find the clip can be reversed to turn it into a Cayman clip.
Unfortunately once the visor is unclipped it will only move a small way to the side as the inside of the swivel mechanism binds on the roof mechanism.

· Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
956 Posts
The Cayman clip doesn't work. I bought one and tried it. I seem to recall it didn't fit quite right. It's not like a reversed Boxster clip. It's a different design.

Like @GregW indicated, once the visor is unclipped, the visor doesn't move enough to be useful anyway.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.