Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I guess it comes down to what is your specific question or concern? There is nothing special about this part as it's not an upgrade of any kind. It's actually the opposite as this parts is the standard, ex-factory black Porsche Cayman grille that all Caymans come with unless you pay extra for the optional body color grille. The 981 Cayman grilles come with the round light and the 981 Boxster grilles have the rectangular light strip instead

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point ICNU. I was wondering about the fit (whether the existing grille will have to be removed or installed on top of it etc).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good point ICNU. I was wondering about the fit (whether the existing grille will have to be removed or installed on top of it etc).
Its just an unpainted replacement part. You will need to remove the bumper and the original painted grilles you have now in order to install them from the back side of the bumper

·
Registered
917 Posts
I guess it comes down to what is your specific question or concern? There is nothing special about this part as it's not an upgrade of any kind. It's actually the opposite as this parts is the standard, ex-factory black Porsche Cayman grille that all Caymans come with unless you pay extra for the optional body color grille. The 981 Cayman grilles come with the round light and the 981 Boxster grilles have the rectangular light strip instead
Actually the S in 2014 came with black and base cars were painted body color, then 2015-2016 was the opposite the base car got black and S were painted. So I'm not sure I would call this an upgrade or downgrade (not that you did) but more of a personal choice for aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good to know! Yes, my 2014 S has the black. My build had the optional painted front spoiler lip the car color rather than black and the rear diffuser was also painted the optional body color.

ironically all of those parts have now been pulled off and replaced with actual upgrades that are back to black again

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll ask suncoast for a better picture. I've a base with painted grille. I like cayman S grille...

·
Registered
917 Posts
I know these are a subjective aesthetics thing, but almost seen as an “upgrade”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts